Author Topic: 5 Presidents Who Warned Against Mass Immigration  (Read 187 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
5 Presidents Who Warned Against Mass Immigration
« on: February 22, 2024, 11:52:18 am »

5 Presidents Who Warned Against Mass Immigration
© Provided by State Of The Union

Presidents throughout history, including Calvin Coolidge, Bill Clinton, Theodore Roosevelt, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump, have expressed concerns about the impact of unchecked immigration on American society.

They have emphasized the importance of assimilation, controlling immigration levels, and addressing the economic and social impacts on American citizens.

Each president proposed different policies, such as restricted immigration, assimilation processes, controlling illegal immigration, and prioritizing the interests of American workers.

“American institutions rest solely on good citizenship. They were created by people who had a background of self-government,” Coolidge said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/5-presidents-who-warned-against-mass-immigration/ar-BB1iG1I9?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=63ddfe442c274adf97e01d8bb1a00ef7&ei=70
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson