Author Topic: Nearly all of San Fran's new 350 beds to get the mentally ill off the streets remain EMPTY because t  (Read 312 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Nearly all of San Fran's new 350 beds to get the mentally ill off the streets remain EMPTY because there aren't enough staff to monitor them
Story by Bethan Sexton For Dailymail.Com • 18h

Mayor London Breed increased the number of SF's homeless shelter beds by 16 percent, adding 350 new spots

The city's slow hiring process and a nationwide scarcity of mental health workers mean many lie empty

The shelter expansion is designed to tackle the homelessness and fentanyl crisis crippling the city

Almost all of San Francisco's 350 new beds to get mentally ill people off the streets are lying empty as there is not enough staff to monitor them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/nearly-all-of-san-fran-s-new-350-beds-to-get-the-mentally-ill-off-the-streets-remain-empty-because-there-aren-t-enough-staff-to-monitor-them/ar-BB1iESkc?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=63ddfe442c274adf97e01d8bb1a00ef7&ei=39
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The intention is good, the planning horrid. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson