Author Topic: Raskin: Biden impeachment ‘essentially ended’ with Smirnov bombshell  (Read 872 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Raskin: Biden impeachment ‘essentially ended’ with Smirnov bombshell
by Mike Lillis - 02/21/24 1:57 PM ET

The top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee said Wednesday that the Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into President Biden has been demolished by new revelations that Russia might have played a role in drumming up false allegations about the president’s finances.

“The impeachment investigation essentially ended yesterday, in substance if not in form, with the explosive revelation that Mr. Smirnov’s allegations about Ukrainian Burisma payments to Joe Biden were concocted along with Russian intelligence agents,” Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) told reporters in Washington.

Republicans have leaned heavily on the declarations of Alexander Smirnov, a former FBI informant who alleged that Biden and his son, Hunter, both received $5 million in dubious payments from Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company on whose board Hunter Biden sat.

Smirnov was arrested last week and charged with lying to the FBI about those allegations. And on Tuesday the Department of Justice (DOJ) said Smirnov told the agency that “officials associated with Russian intelligence” were involved in devising the false claims.

The news has dealt a blow to Republicans leading the impeachment inquiry, some of whom have characterized Smirnov’s initial allegations of influence peddling as a form of a “smoking gun” in the case against Biden.

Democrats say the development should prompt GOP leaders to end the investigation altogether.

“It appears like the whole thing is not only, obviously, false and fraudulent, but a product of Russian disinformation and propaganda,” Raskin said. “And that’s been the motor force behind this investigation for more than a year.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4481208-raskin-biden-impeachment-essentially-ended-with-smirnov-bombshell/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Biden impeachment will not end.

Congressional GOP find more Russian-planted false information from another Russian-compromised source.

Russia won't stop feeding the most iodiotic useful Congressional idiots GOP false information.

This also does not reflect well on the FBI.  Sounds like the FBI got Whitey-Bulgered by a Russian plant.  That Ruskie's FBI handler and his supervisor should be put under immediate suspicious scrutiny.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I suppose Hunter's checks were just a Russian Plot, too. *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
There really is no bigger liar in Congress than Jamie Raskin - and that’s saying something
1:58 PM · Feb 28, 2024

Jamie Raskin attacks Republicans:

https://twitter.com/simonateba/status/1762901195012620739
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I liked him better with his dew rag on.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I liked him better with his dew rag on.
Yeah, his "thug life" motif was so cool.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org