Author Topic: Boeing fires head of 737 Max program  (Read 689 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boeing fires head of 737 Max program
« on: February 21, 2024, 07:55:11 pm »
 Boeing fires head of 737 Max program
by Nick Robertson - 02/21/24 2:46 PM ET

Boeing fired the head of its 737 Max aircraft program on Wednesday, shaking its leadership amid the fallout of a mid-air blowout of an Alaska Airlines door plug in January.

Ed Clark, who headed the 737 Max division, will leave Boeing immediately, according to a memo from CEO Stan Deal.

Deal said the leadership changes are emblematic of the company’s “enhanced focus on ensuring that every airplane we deliver meets or exceeds all quality and safety requirements. Our customers demand, and deserve, nothing less.”

The Alaska Airlines incident resulted in an FAA-mandated grounding of the 737 Max 9 aircraft and regulatory scrutiny that discovered numerous issues in the manufacturing process. The company recently announced it will completely overhaul its quality control process, especially at the Renton, Wash., factory where the 737 Max 9 aircraft are built.

Inspectors discovered loose and missing bolts in multiple 737 Max 9 aircraft, including inside door plugs, the failed part that caused the Alaska Airlines incident. Nobody was injured in that case, but it sparked public backlash against the company and hurt its stock price. The company’s stock has fallen about 12.5 percent since.

Flights began on 737 Max 9 aircraft for the first time late last month, following intensive inspections.

Clark took over the 737 Max program in 2021 after a series of crashes caused by a faulty autopilot system. The aircraft was grounded for nearly two years due to the issues, which killed nearly 350 people.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/4481299-boeing-fires-head-of-737-max-program/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Boeing fires head of 737 Max program
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 08:55:27 pm »
Will Boeing executives and Board Members clawback any bonuses or deferred compenstaion they earned in the past couple of years?

Willfully blind Boeing execs found their sacrificial lamb.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.