Author Topic: James Biden says his brother 'has never had any involvement' or any 'financial interest' in business  (Read 915 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Biden says his brother 'has never had any involvement' or any 'financial interest' in business ventures
James Biden is on Capitol Hill for his deposition as part of the impeachment inquiry against President Biden
 By Brooke Singman Fox News
Published February 21, 2024 12:23pm EST

FIRST ON FOX: James Biden testified Wednesday that his brother, President Biden, "has never had any involvement or any direct or indirect financial interest" in his business ventures, Fox News Digital has learned.

The president’s brother arrived on Capitol Hill Wednesday morning for a closed-door deposition before the House Oversight and Judiciary Committees.

Fox News Digital obtained the first brother’s opening statement.

"I have had a 50-year career in a variety of business ventures," James Biden said in his opening statement. "Joe Biden has never had any involvement or any direct or indirect financial interest in those activities. None."

more with full statement
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/james-biden-testimony-president-never-had-involvement-financial-interest-business-ventures
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More here

James Biden says brother Joe had ‘no direct or indirect’ role in his business during House impeachment inquiry testimony
By Social Links for Steven Nelson
Published Feb. 21, 2024, 10:43 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON — First brother James Biden told the House impeachment inquiry Wednesday that his older sibling “never had any involvement or any direct or indirect financial interest” in James’ business dealings.

James, 74, did not speak with reporters as he arrived at the O’Neill House Office Building ahead of what was expected to be a marathon closed-door interview.

Republicans leading the inquiry were expected to press James for answers about his powerful brother’s alleged role in the Biden family’s partnership with Chinese state-linked CEFC China Energy, which also involved first son Hunter Biden, who is due to testify next week.

An initial tranche of more than $1 million was provided to Hunter and James Biden in March 2017 shortly after Joe Biden met CEFC Chairman Ye Jianming and was a “thank you” for past services in a relationship that began in 2015 while Biden was still vice president, Biden family partner Rob Walker testified Jan. 26.

Joe Biden at one point was penciled in for a 10% cut in a joint venture with CEFC — a since-defunct reputed cog in Beijing’s “Belt and Road” foreign influence campaign — according to a May 2017 email from former family associate James Gilliar, who referred to Joe Biden as the “big guy.”

morehttps://nypost.com/2024/02/21/us-news/bidens-brother-james-arrives-for-impeachment-inquiry-testimony/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline rustynail

Good to hear.  Now we can put all this behind us.  Time to 'Move On'..

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Good to hear.  Now we can put all this behind us.  Time to 'Move On'..

That's what Jessica Tarlov..the resident lib on Fox just said.."and why would brother Jim lie to Congress"

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 07:08:38 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Follow the money.  Follow the financial statements, disclosures, and taxes.

Paid, professional FBI Russian rats are insufficient evidence outside the MAGA echo chamber.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Biden’s testimony includes inconsistencies about Chinese income
By
Ashley Oliver
February 21, 2024 2:16 pm

James Biden told Congress in a closed-door interview on Wednesday that he never used his brother President Joe Biden to further his own business pursuits, but the younger Biden also made remarks about his China-related ventures that conflict with testimony from others.

James Biden’s remarks came as part of his opening statement, obtained by the Washington Examiner, in which he detailed his controversial dealings with a Chinese energy conglomerate and a now-bankrupt U.S. healthcare company.

The president’s younger brother addressed a string of payments totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars that were wired to his company in 2017. The payments came from Rob Walker and originated from an affiliate of CEFC, an energy company intertwined with the Chinese government, according to bank records obtained by the House Oversight Committee. The payments, Walker told Congress this month, were part of a joint venture between CEFC and Walker, James Biden, and Hunter Biden to invest in projects in the United States and elsewhere.

“I received several payments in the spring of 2017 that I understood to come from Hunter,” James Biden said, according to his opening statement. “I did not know then — but have learned recently — that the money I received was a portion of Hunter’s share that he directed Mr. Walker to send me.”

Walker, however, had a different account. Walker told the House Oversight and Judiciary committees this month, according to a transcript of the interview, that James Biden explicitly instructed Walker to send him money in the spring of 2017.

“I remember Jim calling me to ask me if I could send him more, and I would clear it with Hunter first,” Walker said. “And then Hunter would say yes, and then I would send it to Jim.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2866636/james-biden-testimony-inconsistencies-chinese-income/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Jim Biden told investigators today that Hunter got TWO diamonds to entice him to work with Chinese firm CEFC, one when his dad was VP, and one in Feb 2017. Jim said Hunter gave the first diamond to him, and Jim “threw it away”, according to sources familiar with his testimony 1/2
8:53 PM · Feb 21, 2024

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Jim Biden got huge “loans” from Dem donors:
- $800K frm disbarred attorney Joey Langston; owes $400K
- $900K frm Ukrainian-American Delaware car dealer John Hynansky; owes $100K
- $225K frm Michael Lewitt; all forgiven. Lewitt is charged by the SEC w stealing $4.7M from investors
9:02 PM · Feb 21, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Jim Biden got huge “loans” from Dem donors:
- $800K frm disbarred attorney Joey Langston; owes $400K
- $900K frm Ukrainian-American Delaware car dealer John Hynansky; owes $100K
- $225K frm Michael Lewitt; all forgiven. Lewitt is charged by the SEC w stealing $4.7M from investors
9:02 PM · Feb 21, 2024

Much better than a loan from a bank! Where do we sign up?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline mountaineer

Much better than a loan from a bank! Where do we sign up?
Yes, please! Here's $225,000. Pay it back whenever you like. Or not. It's all good.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's only a loan if it is an obligatory contract that requires repayment.  Otherwise, it's undelcared income or an undeclared gift in violation of tax laws.  Possibly a violation of anti money laundering laws and the Patriot Act.

Did the lenders place liens on Joe Biden's assets?

What was Biden's collateral?

What were the durations or terms of payment?

Where's the loan contract?

If I "loan" someone that kind of money, you bet damn well I'd have a contract and require collateral.

Non-repayable loans are how rich people launder money and evade taxes.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

James "Whitey" Bulger said the same thing about his brother, Billy Bulger, President of the Massachusetts State Senate.

They are not called crime "families" for nothing.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Yes, please! Here's $225,000. Pay it back whenever you like. Or not. It's all good.

Thanks! I’ll pay you back $100. Generous of me, I know.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell