Author Topic: Study reveals that 25% of higher education programs yield graduates earning less than high school di  (Read 976 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Study reveals that 25% of higher education programs yield graduates earning less than high school diploma holders

As college tuition continues to rise, doubts about the value of a post-secondary education in America are growing, as reported by CBS News. A recent analysis of earnings data from nearly 4,000 colleges and other higher education programs suggests that these concerns may be warranted.
According to The HEA Group, which examined data from the Department of Education covering about five million students, a significant portion of attendees from one in four higher education programs are earning less than the median annual income of $32,000 for high school graduates, a decade after enrolling.

The analysis further highlights that approximately 8% of institutions show their students’ median income falling below $22,000 a year, indicating economic struggles for a notable portion of graduates.

While it’s widely acknowledged that obtaining a college degree often leads to higher earning potential, these findings shed light on the growing skepticism among Americans regarding whether the financial investment in higher education justifies the accumulating student debt, which currently averages over $37,000 per borrower.

https://www.voiceofeurope.com/study-reveals-that-25-of-higher-education-programs-yield-graduates-earning-less-than-high-school-diploma-holders/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson