Author Topic: A quarter of military families struggle to afford enough food. Northwest lawmakers are trying to hel  (Read 172 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A quarter of military families struggle to afford enough food. Northwest lawmakers are trying to help.
Sun., Feb. 18, 2024

By James Hanlon
and Orion Donovan Smith
The Spokesman-Review
Sara Jemo picked up a can of tomato soup from a wagon of groceries, crossed out the bar code with a permanent marker, then placed the can on a shelf. She repeated the process until the cart was empty and the shelf was stocked before she opened the Fairchild Food Pantry on Thursday.

The pantry isn’t for just any family in need. It’s for low-income military families.

The modest pantry on Fairchild Air Force Base distributes about 1,500 items of food to just under 100 families a month. Many more could use it, said Jemo, the pantry’s director.

“No one risking their life serving our country should go hungry,” Jemo said.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2024/feb/18/a-quarter-of-military-families-struggle-to-afford-/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The government does everything it can to make damn sure illegal aliens have everything they need but not the families of American service people?  There is something horribly, horribly, wrong with that picture. :wtf:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson