Author Topic: In no particular order, these are 10 lethal special operations units from around the world:  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In no particular order, these are 10 lethal special operations units from around the world:
1. China's Snow Leopard Commando Unit

A member of the Snow Leopard Commando patrols
BEIJING, CHINA - Snow Leopard Commando patrolling at Xuanwumen, one of the busiest districts in Beijing. Snow Leopard Commando is the first and highest-ranked national anti-terrorist unit founded in 2002. (Photo by Zhang Peng/LightRocket via Getty Images)

Formerly known as the Snow Wolf Commando Unit, named for the tenacity of arctic wolves and their ability to survive in harsh conditions, this is a spec ops unit of the People's Republic of China. At their inception, they spent five years training in secret to conduct counter-terrorism, riot control, anti-hijacking, and bomb disposal for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.

They've trained alongside Russian special task force units during joint anti-terror exercises with the primary mission of maintaining peace and stability.

The unit prides itself on the speed and accuracy of their marksmanship, their strength and stamina, and their spirit of self-sacrifice. Each recruit must serve in the People's Armed Police for 1-2 years before undergoing physical and psychological tests. Perhaps where they excel the most is in martial arts and close quarter battles, but their sniper squadron shouldn't be discounted.

Moving on, the next group made the news when one of their operators drowned an ISIS terrorist in a puddle. Yeah. Let's talk about:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/popular/best-special-operations-units/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson