Author Topic: Inside the Navy’s quest to fix its recruiting crisis  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Inside the Navy’s quest to fix its recruiting crisis
« on: February 21, 2024, 03:07:02 pm »
Inside the Navy’s quest to fix its recruiting crisis
By Diana Stancy
 Feb 21, 05:00 AM

The Navy is rolling out a bevy of reforms to remedy its recruiting shortfalls. (Navy)
Last year, the Navy hit a grim milestone for the first time in its history, one that leaders hoped they would never see.

It missed its recruiting targets by thousands of new sailors, as each military branch – with the exception of the Marine Corps – struggled to bring young Americans into the enlisted ranks.

Navy brass and other service leaders have attributed today’s unprecedented recruiting crisis to a variety of factors, but one thing remains clear for sea service leaders: This cannot continue, and the Navy must chart a different course.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/02/21/inside-the-navys-quest-to-fix-its-recruiting-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson