Author Topic: Air Force Confirms Parts Failure Occurred in Deadly Japan Osprey Crash that Left 8 Airmen Dead  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force Confirms Parts Failure Occurred in Deadly Japan Osprey Crash that Left 8 Airmen Dead

Military.com | By Thomas Novelly , Konstantin Toropin and Drew F. Lawrence
Published February 20, 2024 at 5:40 pm

The Air Force said Tuesday that investigators have determined a parts failure occurred during an Osprey crash in Japan in November that killed all eight airmen on board, but the root cause of the crash is still unknown.

Air Force Special Operations Command said in a statement that the two investigations into the deadly crash, a Safety Investigation Board probe and an Accident Investigation Board inquiry, are still ongoing.

"At this time, the material failure that occurred is known, but the cause of the failure has not been determined," Air Force Special Operations Command said. "Engineering testing and analysis is ongoing to understand the cause of the material failure, a critical part of the investigation."

Prior to Tuesday's determination, the Osprey fleet had already been under intense scrutiny following other deadly mishaps and a mysterious mechanical issue -- called a hard clutch engagement, an issue that occurs in the V-22 gearbox -- that has been seen in the aircraft for more than a decade.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/02/20/air-force-confirms-part-failure-occurred-deadly-japan-osprey-crash-left-8-airmen-dead.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Chinese gears?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis