Author Topic: THE ARMY IS STEPPING INTO THE FUTURE WITH THESE THREE VEHICLES  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THE ARMY IS STEPPING INTO THE FUTURE WITH THESE THREE VEHICLES
« on: February 21, 2024, 02:27:26 pm »
THE ARMY IS STEPPING INTO THE FUTURE WITH THESE THREE VEHICLES
GEAR & TECH
BY STAVROS ATLAMAZOGLOU
FEBRUARY 20, 2024

M10 Booker infantry support vehicle
The M10 Booker Combat Vehicle proudly displays its namesake on the gun tube during the Army Birthday Festival at the National Museum of the U.S. Army, June 10, 2023. (U.S. Army photo by Bernardo Fuller)

The Army is modernizing. More than 20 years of combat in the Middle East against terrorist groups and insurgencies forced the military into a particular mindset under which unconventional threats, such as improvised explosive devices (IEDs), were on top of the threat list. However, times have changed, and large-scale conventional warfare with near-peer adversaries like China and Russia is back on the menu.

Therefore, the Army is upgrading its arsenal to meet the challenges of the future. In 2023, the Army received 24 new systems as part of this modernization process. This year is expected to be similarly productive. When it comes to ground combat systems, there are three platforms to keep an eye out for in 2024.

THE M10 BOOKER
The M10 Booker is an infantry-support armored vehicle designed to pave the way for mechanized infantry with its firepower and mobility.

The M10 Booker packs quite a punch. The armored vehicle is equipped with a 105mm M35 main gun, an M2 Browning 12.7mm heavy machine gun, and a 7.62mm light machine gun; it also sports several sensors for urban fighting. The M10 Booker’s heavy weaponry can even take out light enemy armored vehicles (or even a tank with a well-placed shot in a vulnerable spot).

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/the-army-in-2024-m10-booker-xm30-and-robotic-combat-vehicle/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson