Author Topic: ‘Put A Pistol In Your Backpack’: Northern Border Residents On Edge Over Increased Migrant Traffic  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Put A Pistol In Your Backpack’: Northern Border Residents On Edge Over Increased Migrant Traffic
Arjun Singh
February 20, 20241

Human smuggling cartels have set up sophisticated operations to smuggle migrants into the United States over the open border with Canada, according to a new report by the New York Post.

Amid significant attention and vigilance over migrant crossings into the United States over the international border with Mexico, cartels with smuggling operations have been leading migrants arriving by air in Canada into the United States over stretches of the border that are unmanned and unwalled. The scale of the operations influx has reportedly concerned residents of border communities the Post reported.

“The Border Patrol actually told us, ‘You guys might want to put a pistol in your backpack’ because nine out of 10 of them are just here for a better life, but there’s that one guy that’s got a rap sheet,” said Chris Feeley — a resident of Swanton, Vermont, which is located less than 10 miles away from the international border with Canada — told the Post. “The [U.S. Border Patrol] receptionists know it’s me when I call…They’re like, ‘Oh, hey, Chris, how’s it going?’ and I’m like, ‘Hey, I had some more just walk by my camera if you want to send the boys up there.’”

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2024/02/put-a-pistol-in-your-backpack-northern-border-residents-on-edge-over-increased-migrant-traffic/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson