Author Topic: Border Crisis: Officers seize over $5.3 million in narcotics at Colombia-Solidarity Bridge  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Crisis: Officers seize over $5.3 million in narcotics at Colombia-Solidarity Bridge

Rich Mitchell
February 15, 20240

LAREDO, Texas—U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations officers assigned to the Colombia-Solidarity Bridge seized narcotics that totaled over $5,300,000 in street value.

“These seizures highlight our officers’ commitment to interdicting illicit narcotics,” said Port Director Alberto Flores, Laredo Port of Entry. “Laredo CBP officers continue to maintain a robust enforcement posture, successfully disrupting cross-border drug smuggling attempts.”

The first seizure occurred on Sunday, Feb. 12 at the Colombia-Solidarity Bridge, when a CBP officer referred a 2006 Utility 4000 trailer hauling an empty trailer for a secondary inspection. Following a canine and non-intrusive inspection system examination, CBP officers discovered 2,327.77 pounds of alleged marijuana within the trailer. The narcotics have a street value of $5,207,501.

The second seizure occurred later that evening at the Colombia-Solidarity Bridge, when a CBP officer referred a 2012 Volvo trailer hauling an empty flatbed for a secondary inspection. Following a canine and non-intrusive inspection system examination, CBP officers discovered 22.82 pounds of alleged cocaine within the flatbed. The narcotics have a street value of $112,548.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2024/02/border-crisis-officers-seize-over-5-3-million-in-narcotics-at-colombia-solidarity-bridge/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson