Author Topic: Indiana parents warn nation after child is removed from home for improper pronoun usage: ‘Can happen  (Read 368 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Indiana parents warn nation after child is removed from home for improper pronoun usage: ‘Can happen anywhere’
Story by Kendall Tietz  •
16h

A Catholic couple in Indiana is asking the Supreme Court to hold the state accountable for keeping their child out of their home after they declined to use his chosen name and pronouns.

In M.C. and J.C. v. Indiana Department of Child Services, Mary and Jeremy Cox are appealing to the Supreme Court after they were investigated by Indiana officials for refusing to refer to their son using pronouns and a name inconsistent with his biological sex.

Becket is pursuing the case on behalf of the Coxes, arguing state courts allowed Indiana to keep the child from living in his parents' home due to their disagreement with the child's gender identity because of their religious beliefs. Notably, upon completing the investigation, the state determined the allegations of abuse against Mary and Jeremy were unsubstantiated, but still argued that the disagreement over gender identity was distressing to their child.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/indiana-parents-warn-nation-after-child-is-removed-from-home-for-improper-pronoun-usage-can-happen-anywhere/ar-BB1iBmx2?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=285cc1c6e9e543e9a68b95040a920f34&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

See also Illinois:
 Democrats in Illinois (@RepStava_Murray) introduced HB 4876. The bill would classify parents as child abusers if they don’t get their kids “gender affirming care” aka puberty blockers and s*x change surgery. They will use this to take kids away from their parents to transition them.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1760165144946941960
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
... And I thought that Indiana was one of the more conservative midwestern states...