Author Topic: Texas to Arrest and Deport Illegal Migrants  (Read 259 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas to Arrest and Deport Illegal Migrants
« on: February 21, 2024, 11:13:33 am »

Texas to Arrest and Deport Illegal Migrants
Story by GistFest  •
1d

In a new challenge to the federal government’s immigration authority, Texas has taken illegal immigration laws into its own hands.

The state lawmakers have approved a bill that would allow police to arrest illegal migrants. Also, this bill gives the local judges the power to order their deportation.

The Texas Senate Bill 4, which Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has signed, is one of the nation’s strictest immigration laws since it took effect, leading to a standoff between Abbott and Biden. The Texas Senate Bill 4 allows the arrest and deportation of certain illegal migrants in Texas.

In addition, it makes unlawful entry a state misdemeanor, punishable by up to two years. However, it applies only to recent arrivals. While it remains unclear if the Biden Administration will allow the bill to stay, Abbott is bent on taking immigration matters into his own hands.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/texas-to-arrest-and-deport-illegal-migrants/ar-BB1iyG4B?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=285cc1c6e9e543e9a68b95040a920f34&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Texas to Arrest and Deport Illegal Migrants
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 11:15:43 am »
This is brilliant a move.  In the court cases sure to come, it will pit Texas in the position of defending the law and the administration defending illegal immigration. :0012:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson