Author Topic: 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham's body has been found in Trinity River, Polk Co. Sheriff says  (Read 1246 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
11-year-old Audrii Cunningham's body has been found in Trinity River, Polk Co. Sheriff says

Capital murder charges are expected against suspect Don Steven McDougal in connection with Audrii's disappearance.
ByBrandon Hamilton and Shannon Ryan KTRK logo
Tuesday, February 20, 2024 4:24PM

LIVINGSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The body of 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham has been found, and charges are expected against a suspect in connection with her disappearance.

On Tuesday, authorities announced an area where search efforts were being made for Audrii was declared a crime scene. Shortly after, officials confirmed her body had been located.

According to Texas DPS Lt. Craig Cummings, the crime scene included an area around US-59 and the Trinity River Bridge.

Audrii had been missing since Thursday, Feb. 15, when, according to authorities, she did not make it to her school bus that morning.

Don Steven McDougal, first named as a primary person of interest in the case, is now a suspect, and capital murder charges are expected to be filed against him.

McDougal is a friend of Audrii's father who was allowed to live in a trailer behind their Livingston house.

According to Polk County Sheriff Byron Lyons, McDougal admitted to leaving the house with Audrii the morning she disappeared but would not tell investigators what happened next.

Whether he dropped her off or she made it to the bus stop is unclear.

more
https://abc13.com/missing-11-year-old-audrii-cunningham-livingston-texas-don-steven-mcdougal-child-indecency-indictment/14449047/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Why I believe in hanging.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why I believe in hanging.

I hope Texas has that as an execution..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
All this happened about 50 miles from my front door.

I blame her parents as much as the perp. Maybe more.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Too close for comfort.

What a beautiful sweet innocent child.  Very sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

I saw the photo of the suspect, and wondered what kind of parent would trust a person like that whose physical appearance screams child molester?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Audrii Cunningham’s body was found tied to ‘large rock’ with rope linked to family friend now charged with 11-year-old’s murder: docs
By Social Links for Olivia Land
Published Feb. 21, 2024, 3:00 p.m. ET

Missing 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham was found underwater tied to a large rock — with a rope similar to one found in the suspect’s car, authorities said in support of capital murder charges filed Wednesday.

The Texas girl’s body was found Tuesday by a dive team searching the Trinity River in a rural area north of Houston, five days after she was last seen Thursday with Don McDougal, 42, a family friend who lived in their camper, according to charging documents shared by KPRC 2.

Once pulled out, cops found “a large rock tied to the child victim’s body,” the docs said.

“The rope used was consistent with rope that was observed in McDougal’s vehicle on a traffic stop two days prior,” the document noted of the suspect held on separate charges.

Video footage and cell phone data also put McDougal “at three locations of interest,” including at the river where the youngster’s body was finally found, the document said.
Cunningham vanished after leaving home with McDougal to get her school bus on Thursday, and was reported missing when she did not turn up at school that morning. Officials believe she was murdered that day.

McDougal – whose lengthy record included time in prison for enticing a child – “was a friend of the Cunningham family and resided on the family property in a camp over camper” and “had access to the interior of the child victim’s home,” the document stated.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/21/us-news/audrii-cunninghams-body-was-tied-to-a-large-rock-docs/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas girl Audrii Cunningham, 11, died from blunt force trauma
Audrii Cunningham, 11, was tied to a rope and had a 'large rock tied to her body,' authorities said
By Louis Casiano Fox News
Published February 22, 2024 4:35pm EST | Updated February 22, 2024 5:19pm EST

Audrii Cunningham, the 11-year-old Texas girl who missed her school bus last week and was found dead in a river on Tuesday, died from blunt force trauma.

The Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office said the death was described as "homicidal violence" and her manner of death has been ruled a homicide following an autopsy, according to Fox 26 Houston.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the agency.

An Amber Alert was issued for Cunningham after she failed to board the school bus on Feb. 15 and did not attend school.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-girl-audrii-cunningham-11-died-blunt-force-trauma
Support the USO