Author Topic: Why The US Navy May Deploy 5 Carriers in the Pacific  (Read 271 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why The US Navy May Deploy 5 Carriers in the Pacific
« on: February 20, 2024, 06:17:37 pm »
Why The US Navy May Deploy 5 Carriers in the Pacific
A US and allied ability to operate F-35s from the Sea could prove to be the most decisive element in any conflict with the PRC
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION13 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

There is little question that, apart from perhaps leveraging undersea superiority, any sustained deterrence against a rapid Chinese annexation of Taiwan or aggressive actions in the South China Sea likely pertain to the availability and reach of US and allied 5th-generation aircraft. A cursory look at People’s Liberation Army - Air Force aircraft would seem to suggest that the PRC would, at least at the moment, have trouble establishing any kind of air superiority in the Pacific, provided sufficient numbers of F-35 were within striking distance.

While there are some options to launch land-based F-35s from Japan, Korea and eventually Singapore, the most decisive or impactful deployment of US and allied 5th-generation air power would most likely come from the sea. The massively increasing US military presence in The Philippines will likely present additional opportunities for the US to station F-35s at newly arriving US bases in the country, yet despite the realistic prospect of large-scale land deployment of F-35s, the collective US and allied ability to operate F-35s from the Sea could prove to be the most decisive element in any conflict with the PRC.

Video: How Vulnerable are US Carriers to Chinese Anti-Ship Missiles

The F-35 is now exploding across the Pacific with Japan’s massive $35 billion buy along with Sinaporean and South Korean F-35s. Japan has already deployed its F-35B aircraft on its warships and the US Navy’s America-class amphibious assault ships can deploy with as many as 20 F-35Bs. Perhaps of greatest impact, the US Navy can easily launch 50 or more F-35Cs from a single carrier, creating a scenario in which the US and its allies could, in effect, blanket the region with 5th-generation air power.

https://warriormaven.com/china/why-the-us-navy-may-deploy-5-carriers-in-the-pacific
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rustynail

Re: Why The US Navy May Deploy 5 Carriers in the Pacific
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 06:34:27 pm »
So China can sink them?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why The US Navy May Deploy 5 Carriers in the Pacific
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 10:33:19 pm »