Author Topic: Boston-bound flight from San Francisco forced to divert to Denver after plane's wing came apart mida  (Read 687 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 February 20, 2024 11:41am EST
Boston-bound flight from San Francisco forced to divert to Denver after plane's wing came apart midair
Passenger Kevin Clarke ultimately landed at his final destination of Logan Airport about 3 hours later than scheduled
By Lawrence Richard FOXBusiness

A passenger of a Boston-bound commercial flight made an unusual sighting when he looked out of the window and saw a wing of the plane falling apart midair.

Passenger Kevin Clarke said he boarded United Flight 354, a Boeing 757-200 that was departing out of San Francisco and took off on schedule but was told by the pilot that the plane would be forced to divert to Denver, Boston 25 News reported. Then, he saw the problem with his very own eyes. The slat of the plane's right wing was "coming apart" and missing noticeable chunks.

"I’m like bird strike? That’s not good," Clarke told the outlet. "We take off, I heard this loud buzzing noise, and then it faded away so I didn’t think much of it and all of a sudden the pilot is coming back, so I threw my window open, peeked out the window and the whole leading edge of the wing was destroyed."

He was also able to get his cell phone out and record the harrowing moment. "Just about to land in Denver with the wing coming apart on the plane," Clarke narrates in the cell phone video. "Came apart when we took off in San Francisco, and we’re just about on the ground. Can’t wait for this flight to be over."

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/boston-bound-flight-san-francisco-forced-divert-denver-planes-wing-came-midair
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 05:31:16 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

The 757 has been out of production for nearly 20 years. This is probably a bird or debris strike, not Boeing incompetence or design defect.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

February 20, 2024 11:41am EST
Boston-bound flight from San Francisco forced to divert to Denver after plane's wing came apart midair
Passenger Kevin Clarke ultimately landed at his final destination of Logan Airport about 3 hours later than scheduled
By Lawrence Richard FOXBusiness

A passenger of a Boston-bound commercial flight made an unusual sighting when he looked out of the window and saw a wing of the plane falling apart midair.

Passenger Kevin Clarke said he boarded United Flight 354, a Boeing 757-200 that was departing out of San Francisco and took off on schedule but was told by the pilot that the plane would be forced to divert to Denver, Boston 25 News reported. Then, he saw the problem with his very own eyes. The slat of the plane's right wing was "coming apart" and missing noticeable chunks.

"I’m like bird strike? That’s not good," Clarke told the outlet. "We take off, I heard this loud buzzing noise, and then it faded away so I didn’t think much of it and all of a sudden the pilot is coming back, so I threw my window open, peeked out the window and the whole leading edge of the wing was destroyed."

He was also able to get his cell phone out and record the harrowing moment. "Just about to land in Denver with the wing coming apart on the plane," Clarke narrates in the cell phone video. "Came apart when we took off in San Francisco, and we’re just about on the ground. Can’t wait for this flight to be over."

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/embed.js?id=6346489997112&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at foxbusiness.com</noscript>

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/boston-bound-flight-san-francisco-forced-divert-denver-planes-wing-came-midair

I don’t see a wing that “came apart”.  A few impacts I suppose that damaged it in several locations.

If the wing came apart, they wouldn’t be back on the tarmac.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline libertybele

Planes, trains or automobiles?  These days it seems traveling by car maybe the safest.  There have been several plane crashes and train derailments. 

Safer yet - stay put at home.  Boring?  I find it peaceful and less stressful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Planes, trains or automobiles?  These days it seems traveling by car maybe the safest.  There have been several plane crashes and train derailments. 
For now. Just wait until the EVs start failing all over.
True, that!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline the OlLine Rebel

There are hardly any train crashes.  Derailment is not the same thing.

Not all that many airplane crashes but when it fails, you’re doomed.

There are plenty of car crashes, but not always devastating.

I know what your point was, but I still want to point out this in seriousness!
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.