Author Topic: Boston's migrant shelter luxury: State pays $16 for breakfast, $17 for lunch and $31 for dinner as t  (Read 224 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Boston's migrant shelter luxury: State pays $16 for breakfast, $17 for lunch and $31 for dinner as they live in hotels for free after entering the US illegally
Story by Keith Griffith and Sophie Mann For Dailymail.Com  •
19h

Massachusetts has $116M in contracts to house migrants through June

Hotels have been used as a stop-gap measure to provide shelter to hundreds

Last August, governor declared a state of emergency over migrant arrivals

New documents show the rising public cost of sheltering migrants in Massachusetts, as the state grapples with a strain on its emergency shelter system.

The state has 17 contracts totaling $116 million to house migrant families through June, including a no-bid $10 million contract for a company providing meals, CBS News Boston reported, citing documents obtained by the outlet.

In some cases, the state is paying hotels $64 per person each day for meals, including $16 for breakfast, $17 for lunch and $31 for dinner.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/boston-s-migrant-shelter-luxury-state-pays-16-for-breakfast-17-for-lunch-and-31-for-dinner-as-they-live-in-hotels-for-free-after-entering-the-us-illegally/ar-BB1ixfdZ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=c967af095d3b4e09ad11e955a64bcb6f&ei=19
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I can't afford $64/day per person for food, so I'm so thrilled the people of Boston can for illegals. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson