Author Topic: Manchin: Border Is Biden’s ‘Responsibility’ that He Had to Be ‘Pressed’ Into Dealing with by GOP  (Read 347 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: Border Is Biden’s ‘Responsibility’ that He Had to Be ‘Pressed’ Into Dealing with by GOP

Ian Hanchett 19 Feb 2024

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Source,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) stated that the border is President Joe Biden’s “responsibility,” and he’s “been wrong” on the issue and that while Biden has engaged on the issue recently, it was after Republicans “pressed” the issue.

Manchin said, “I came to the conclusion that after I saw what happened…ten days ago or so, when the vote [in] the Senate for security of the border…which is what our Republican colleagues desired to happen, they pressed that. And they said, we’re not going to vote on any aid until we secure our border. I agreed with them. I think President Biden has been wrong on the border. It’s his responsibility, no matter what his reasoning was, to maybe help people around the world who’ve been displaced by the pandemic. But he’s come to the table now. He understands the gravity of what we’re dealing with and the danger, and he’s willing to accept and he helped negotiate a very good bill that secures the border, stops catch and release, changes the asylum definition, gives us the personnel. … And they took one thing out of that, Kaitlan, they took one thing, and the number 5,000 is what you heard. And all they said, oh, that’s 5,000 a day. They’re going to let 5,000 a day. That’s the furthest thing from the truth. Sen. James Lankford (R-OK), the most decent, honorable person and conservative in the entire Senate, negotiated and he wanted to make sure that 5,000 is all we can ever adjudicate.”

He added, “The border is a crisis, and I saw my friends walk away when they were determined to pass border security and they were onboard three days before that. And with Donald Trump, coming as hard as he came at them, they cowered down and walked away, I said, we’re not fixing anything in Washington.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/02/19/manchin-border-is-bidens-responsibility-that-he-had-to-be-pressed-into-dealing-with-by-gop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: Biden Doesn’t Have Knowledge, Function, Ability to Unite Country

Ian Hanchett 19 Feb 2024

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Source,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that President Joe Biden is not the person who has the knowledge, function, and ability to unite the country and has been “pushed” too far left and he hopes Biden can go back to being who he was before.

Host Kaitlan Collins asked, “You also said that, in a president, you’re looking for someone…who has the knowledge, has the function, and has the ability to…bring this country together. Is Joe Biden that candidate?”

Manchin responded, “Well, that’s the Joe Biden I used to know. I’ve — and I’ve had this conversation with him and with his people that he’s gone too far to the left, they’ve pushed him and pulled him and whatever. But that’s not where America is. That’s not where our country is. So, I’m hoping the Joe Biden that we saw in 2020 will be the Joe Biden we see in 2024, if that can be done.”

Collins then asked Manchin if he will endorse Biden.

Manchin answered, “I’m not endorsing anybody right now. We’re going to see what all happens. We’ve still got plenty of time here. I’m going to do everything I can to help move them back to the middle and show them where the strength of this country lies, where the voting bloc of the country lies.”

Collins then asked what people should read from Manchin not endorsing Biden. Manchin responded, “No, no. I’m just — I’m trying to do everything I can to make sure that we have a pathway forward where the center of this country is going to be represented, and that’s the center-left and center-right. That’s where the decisions — that’s where people live their lives. That’s the type of government they want. They don’t want the extremes, and what we’re seeing is extremes. Donald Trump is an extremist. And with that, there [are] people that are going in that direction. I still believe there [are] enough good Republicans and Democrats that want this centrist type of approach to governing.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/02/19/manchin-biden-doesnt-have-knowledge-function-ability-to-unite-country/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I would not be surprised if Manchin and the No-Names already have settled on a Presidential candidate, or at least a final couple of choices.  It's all kind of falling into place if someone wants to make a third party run, and if Biden is truly viewed that negatively, they'll be much less concerned about being "spoilers".
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 04:39:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

It's not that Biden needs to be pressed into dealing with it.  It's that Biden took everything that worked and scrapped it.

If Biden had done nothing, we would be much better off than we are now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-