Author Topic: Michigan asks residents to help house, settle migrants amid crisis at border  (Read 922 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Michigan asks residents to help house, settle migrants amid crisis at border
Story by Louis Casiano  •
11h

Michigan is asking residents to help house migrants in their homes and help resettle them into society as the crisis at the southern border continues.

The state Department of Labor and Economic Development said volunteers who wish to participate must commit for at least 90 days as part of the refugee support program.

"Programs like the Welcome Corps advance the Office of Global Michigan’s mission to make Michigan the home for opportunity for our immigrant, refugee and ethnic communities," said Poppy Hernandez, Global Michigan Director and Michigan’s Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer. "Expanded refugee resettlement pathways empower more Michiganders to support our state’s growing refugee population and build a more welcoming and inclusive Michigan for all."
Sponsors would be expected to support newly arrived refugees by greeting them at the airport, securing and preparing initial housing, enrolling children in school and helping adults find employment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/michigan-asks-residents-to-help-house-settle-migrants-amid-crisis-at-border/ar-BB1ixSgj?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ce9e4bcc9d8d4e29bd4b250655b5478a&ei=55
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
They're "just asking".

For now...

Online libertybele

They're "just asking".

For now...

If the DEMS remain in control, they will be demanding.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

They can’t force people to house illegal immigrants. But if enough people refuse to do it, they’ll try to publicly shame those that won’t.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

There should be plenty of vacant housing in Detroit and Flint. 

Online libertybele

There should be plenty of vacant housing in Detroit and Flint.

They'd expect the city to fix it up for them; how dare they be made to live in something so run down.

Perfect --room for a few hundred more (Just what we don't need).

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

They're "just asking".

For now...

Yep.  The Third Amendment only applies to troops.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

This is exactly why I am absolutely opposed to Abbott and other governors spreading ILLEGALS throughout the country.  Now they are here. Keep in mind that the population of ILLEGALS that they have let in is equal to the population of 36 states.  So what do we do with them?  Apparently in MI, they want residents to help house them or perhaps make them house them. It's just a matter of time before other states follow.

Question is; how the heck do we fight this???  Ballot box hasn't worked.

Second question, if this directive or suggestion is coming from Gretchen the liberal governor, does that mean that the liberals are ok with this?? I really find that hard to believe.

I'm afraid what's next is gun confiscation...the 2A is ALL we have left folks.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is exactly why I am absolutely opposed to Abbott and other governors spreading ILLEGALS throughout the country.  Now they are here. Keep in mind that the population of ILLEGALS that they have let in is equal to the population of 36 states.  So what do we do with them?  Apparently in MI, they want residents to help house them or perhaps make them house them. It's just a matter of time before other states follow.

Question is; how the heck do we fight this???  Ballot box hasn't worked.

Second question, if this directive or suggestion is coming from Gretchen the liberal governor, does that mean that the liberals are ok with this?? I really find that hard to believe.

I'm afraid what's next is gun confiscation...the 2A is ALL we have left folks.
Abbot and others sent a few to places that made a great hubbub over how progressive they were, being 'sanctuary cities' and all. I would wager the vast majority of the shuffle is done by the Federal Government, maybe using NGOs as cover.  It isn't as if they were going to stay in a pile in Texas, and many come here with their itinerary already in hand for their destination.

As for the Left being OK with this, they will use the illegals' inflated numbers to demand additional representation in the House, which will result in representation without taxation; a perverse twist on one of the causes of the American Revolution.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis