Author Topic: Joy Reid: Black People ‘Literally, Physically, Built this Country,’ Obama Our Only Reparation  (Read 2262 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joy Reid: Black People ‘Literally, Physically, Built this Country,’ Obama Our Only Reparation

Paul Bois 18 Feb 2024

MSNBC host Joy Reid lamented that black Americans have not received sufficient reparations for “literally, physically” building this country, believing that former President Barack Obama’s eight-year tenure is the best they will get.

Reid issued her comments during an interview on Salon Talks with writer Dean Obeidallah wherein she said that black people “literally, physically, built this country” and therefore deserve much more than a two-term black president.

“To be a Black person in 2024 in America is to be in a state of complete perplexed confusion about what is wrong with a country that hates your history, that to this day can’t admit even the basics of what was done to your ancestors, that can’t accept any responsibility for the lack that has carried through the entirety of your existence in this country, and that thinks 60 years of relative freedom is enough,” she said.

Reid then laid out a series of exaggerated consequences that she felt would come if critical race theory (CRT) and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) were to be displaced.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/18/joy-reid-black-people-literally-physically-built-country-obama-only-reparation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Emperor-has-no-clothes level of delusional god-complex here plus a healthy amount of 'we are victims, so we are racially superior to you'.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

Emperor-has-no-clothes level of delusional god-complex here plus a healthy amount of 'we are victims, so we are racially superior to you'.

Or simply really, really stupid.

Offline The_Reader_David

Yes, slaves (almost all of subsaharan African ancestry) built many things in this country, but so did free laborers (mostly of European ancestry). If slavery were so productive that slaves' contribution outweighed that of the far more numerous free laborers, the loss of the Confederacy, which by and large had far better generals than the Union, in (take your pick, the Civil War, the War Between the States, or my favorite the Late Unpleasantness) would not have occurred.   

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder if the Irish, Chinese and yes Europeans of all nationalities might just have a tiny bit of disagreement with this

Offline Hoodat

Not just 8 years of Baraq Obama whose ancestors sold the slaves Reid descended from.  But you also got 8 years of Bill Clinton and 4 years of Biden.  Isn't that enough to repair the damages you allegedly incurred?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Not just 8 years of Baraq Obama whose ancestors sold the slaves Reid descended from.  But you also got 8 years of Bill Clinton and 4 years of Biden.  Isn't that enough to repair the damages you allegedly incurred?

Possibly another 8 years with Michelle stepping in.  Just saying that it could be a possibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

I wonder if the Irish, Chinese and yes Europeans of all nationalities might just have a tiny bit of disagreement with this

Exactly!!!

Offline GtHawk

Exactly!!!
Whoops! I unintentionally left out a group that was a big part of those doing high iron work putting up buildings. Native Americans might also have something to say to Joy"Dumbass"Reid.

Indians built many of the tall buildings in NYC. Mohawks call themselves skywalkers. Mohawks have been building skyscrapers for six generations. The first workers came from the Kahn­awake Reservation near Montreal, where in 1886 the Canadian Pacific Railroad sought to construct a cantilever bridge across the St. Lawrence River, landing on reservation property. In exchange for use of the Mohawks’ land, the railroad and its contractor, the Dominion Bridge Co., agreed to employ tribesmen during construction.
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-many-Native-Americans-were-successful-high-rise-construction-workers

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

AMERICANS BUILT AMERICA!
If Black people 'built America' then why can't they 'build Africa'?

Paris France
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:43:48 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And I guarantee that what will come out of the other side of her mouth is that blacks have been denied all opportunity in this country and kept down under the boot of the white man.

So how exactly did they build everything Joy when they were never given the opportunity to do so? Building things require learning, skills, and for some elements like design and engineering, a degree or at least a certificate?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Possibly another 8 years with Michelle stepping in.  Just saying that it could be a possibility.
:terror: :scared smiley: :3:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Whoops! I unintentionally left out a group that was a big part of those doing high iron work putting up buildings. Native Americans might also have something to say to Joy"Dumbass"Reid.

Indians built many of the tall buildings in NYC. Mohawks call themselves skywalkers. Mohawks have been building skyscrapers for six generations. The first workers came from the Kahn­awake Reservation near Montreal, where in 1886 the Canadian Pacific Railroad sought to construct a cantilever bridge across the St. Lawrence River, landing on reservation property. In exchange for use of the Mohawks’ land, the railroad and its contractor, the Dominion Bridge Co., agreed to employ tribesmen during construction.
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-many-Native-Americans-were-successful-high-rise-construction-workers

Right. The Mohawk are famous for being able to work high iron.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
Joy Reid is a multi-millionaire and does not descend from a single American slave.

Her father is from Congo.
Her mother is from Guyana.

Average salary in Congo: $449 (USD)
Average salary in Guyana: $5,200 (USD)

Instead of feeling grateful, she goes on TV to demand reparations and whines about how awful this country is for black people.
10:25 AM · Feb 18, 2024
·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
Joy Reid is a multi-millionaire and does not descend from a single American slave.

Her father is from Congo.
Her mother is from Guyana.

Average salary in Congo: $449 (USD)
Average salary in Guyana: $5,200 (USD)

Instead of feeling grateful, she goes on TV to demand reparations and whines about how awful this country is for black people.
10:25 AM · Feb 18, 2024
·

Ah, so her ancestors sold slaves, too.  She is the one who should be paying reparations.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
She can celebrate BLM, my family celebrates Father's Day.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

Yes, slaves (almost all of subsaharan African ancestry) built many things in this country, but so did free laborers (mostly of European ancestry). If slavery were so productive that slaves' contribution outweighed that of the far more numerous free laborers, the loss of the Confederacy, which by and large had far better generals than the Union, in (take your pick, the Civil War, the War Between the States, or my favorite the Late Unpleasantness) would not have occurred.
Cotton only accounted for five percent of the national gross domestic product in 1860 before hostilities began. Black people greatly overestimate the worth of slaves to the total economy. At the start of the CW the state of New York by itself had a greater GDP than the Confederate states combined.  An overwhelming materiel and manpower edge over the South is why the North won the war.
If slavery was that important to the country, the economy should have collapsed with the end of the war and the end of slavery. Instead, the national economy boomed from 1865 to 1900. The population of blacks in the North where the great majority of the boom took place was tiny.
The "blacks built this country"  claim is a lot of hooey. Blacks certainly contributed, but their input was decidedly inferior to the input of other ethnicities.

Offline goatprairie

And I guarantee that what will come out of the other side of her mouth is that blacks have been denied all opportunity in this country and kept down under the boot of the white man.

So how exactly did they build everything Joy when they were never given the opportunity to do so? Building things require learning, skills, and for some elements like design and engineering, a degree or at least a certificate?
You're attempting to enter logic and reason into the situation. Liberals hate that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Joy has taken too many tours of DeeCee in tourist trams.  According to the tour guides, blacks were behind literally every monument and memorial in the Capital.  The only redeeming feature of the last tour I took was the guide informed us that Penn. Ave was closed for a BBQ contest, and that was awesome!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is hilarious that telling a N** Black person to go back to Africa! is incredibly racist. Why? Why is that racist? LOL LOL!

But telling an American to go back to America? Doesn't mean anything at all? These people are a joke. They are being manipulated by Billionaires who want them as slaves and for votes. F**k them all ... IMO.

It is actually pretty funny. GO BACK TO AFRICA! is a curse to some people. That is the funniest shit ever LOL!

The difference being, People of Pallor don't give a rat's ass about any of this.  Just leave us alone!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

The difference being, People of Pallor don't give a rat's ass about any of this.  Just leave us alone!

Amen!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

Someone should beat this idiot with the truth, Africans sold African slaves to the very same people that enslaved my ancestors and many other Caucasian people...the moslems. So until she recognizes and accepts that Africans sold other Africans into slavery and that a Black man was the first actual slave owner in America she holds less interest for me than a dog barking in the night.

Offline goatprairie

Someone should beat this idiot with the truth, Africans sold African slaves to the very same people that enslaved my ancestors and many other Caucasian people...the moslems. So until she recognizes and accepts that Africans sold other Africans into slavery and that a Black man was the first actual slave owner in America she holds less interest for me than a dog barking in the night.
Some people will never accept responsibility for their actions. Reid is one of those people. It's always somebody else. Usually Evil Whitey. Even when it isn't.