Author Topic: Sex Offenses for 3 Senior Army Officers End with Plea Deals and Reprimands  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sex Offenses for 3 Senior Army Officers End with Plea Deals and Reprimands

February 16, 2024
Volumes of “Court-Martial Reports” line the bookshelf in a courtroom

Three senior Army officers who faced charges related to sexual offenses in separate and unrelated cases all received reprimands through plea deals within the past two months.

The officers were all lieutenant colonels. One hid cameras in changing rooms used by teen girls; another allegedly had sex with a trainee and tried to move on another in a public bathroom; and another commander frequently sexually harassed a subordinate and allegedly struck another officer.

The outcomes of the cases and relatively light sentences for the offenses may underscore a widely held perception in the Army that higher-ranking officials can more easily navigate the service’s judicial system and are more likely to emerge with their criminal records free of blemishes.

https://news.cibassoc.org/sex-offenses-for-3-senior-army-officers-end-with-plea-deals-and-reprimands/#:~:text=Three%20senior%20Army%20officers%20who%20faced%20charges%20related,two%20months.%20The%20officers%20were%20all%20lieutenant%20colonels.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Sex Offenses for 3 Senior Army Officers End with Plea Deals and Reprimands
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 03:17:11 pm »
You've got to admit over hill and over dale as you hit the dusty trail in can get lonely. 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson