Author Topic: Tucker Carlson Is a Convenient Distraction for Our Failed Elite... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tucker Carlson Is a Convenient Distraction for Our Failed Elite
Kurt Schlichter

Vladimir Putin set up Tucker Carlson by murdering Alexis Navalny just days after Tucker‘s controversial visit to Moscow and interview. That’s what happens when a scorpion rides on your back – it’s going to sting you to death even if it’s riding you across the river and will end up drowning itself, too. But the frenzy over Tucker Carlson‘s visit is still massively overblown, and the intensity of it by the ruling class is less an indication of righteous indignation than an attempt to distract from modern America’s shortcomings. Tucker Carlson is not correct in all his details, but Tucker Carlson is correct that our ruling class has completely abandoned, and oppresses, the people it presumes to lead. He’s right to point that out, and he should keep pointing that out.

Tucker Carlson’s not a personal friend – I met him once (at fellow Townhall agitator Derek Hunter’s wedding to the lovely Heather) and did a couple of media hits with him years ago, and he was very pleasant. Others who know him better call him a radical contrarian, but swear by him as a loyal and thoughtful person. There’s one thing that can’t honestly be disputed. Tucker Carlson is an American patriot. Members of our ruling elite will recoil in horror at that reality, but the fact is that they equate patriotism with obedience and respect for themselves, not for America itself. Tucker has neither. He incites our trash ruling class by speaking undeniable truths, like: “Every leader kills people, including my leader. Some kill more than others. Leadership requires killing people.” He sees clearly the failures of our own establishment even as he’s accused of being blind to the failures of foreign dictators.

Let’s be clear about Vladimir Putin. He’s a murderous scumbag ex-KGB colonel. He’s not a good guy. He’s not a hero. He’s a Russian nationalist and a massive thief. As Tucker’s interview proved to the nearly 150,000,000 people who watched all or part of it, he is completely alien to the West. His version of history is unknown to us. His verbal tangents are jarring to our ears. His premises are completely foreign. But he seems to resonate with his own people, and that’s the objective reality we have to deal with. We don’t get to choose Russia’s leaders, although, in our hubris, it appears we think we should.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/02/19/tucker-carlson-is-a-convenient-distraction-for-our-failed-elite-n2635391
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 03:28:38 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Tucker Carlson is not correct in all his details, but Tucker Carlson is correct that our ruling class has completely abandoned, and oppresses, the people it presumes to lead. He’s right to point that out, and he should keep pointing that out.

What makes Tucker so odious to me is that he knows his details aren't correct when he speaks them.  But he believes it's perfectly legitimate to advance false arguments in support of (whatever he believes to be) a good cause.  Or more directly, he thinks that lying to us "for our own good" is perfectly okay.  That's the same rationale used by Fauci and other COVID Nazis to get us to do what they wanted us to do.

So for that reason, I despise him.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 05:38:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »