Author Topic: Del Toro asks Navy contractors to consider taxpayers over shareholders  (Read 196 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Del Toro asks Navy contractors to consider taxpayers over shareholders
By Colin Demarest
 Thursday, Feb 15

SAN DIEGO — U.S. Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro has a message for government contractors: Ask not what you can do for your shareholders, ask what you can do for your country.

Speaking at the West naval conference in San Diego on Feb. 15, Del Toro, a former businessman, said that in a time of war abroad and political uncertainty at home, the U.S. needs companies to deliver weapons, warships, aircraft and more on time, on budget and without excuses.

“You can’t be asking the American taxpayer to make even greater public investments while you continue, in some cases, to goose your stock prices through stock buybacks, deferring promised capital investments, and other accounting maneuvers that, to some, seem to prioritize stock prices that drive executive compensation rather than making the needed, fundamental investments in the industrial base, in your own companies, at a time when our nation needs us to be at all-ahead flank,” he said.

https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2024/02/15/del-toro-asks-navy-contractors-to-consider-taxpayers-over-shareholders/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Del Toro asks Navy contractors to consider taxpayers over shareholders
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 03:36:32 pm »
Broom-painting all defense contractors with the problems of a few will have a predictable result ... fewer companies willing to do business with the US military. Howzabout the USN, USAF, and USA focus on working with the companies who do have problems and lay off the ones who do not?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Del Toro asks Navy contractors to consider taxpayers over shareholders
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 05:08:31 pm »
Broom-painting all defense contractors with the problems of a few will have a predictable result ... fewer companies willing to do business with the US military. Howzabout the USN, USAF, and USA focus on working with the companies who do have problems and lay off the ones who do not?

That's too simple and direct for the government and would work!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson