Author Topic: Europe unable to defend itself independently for at least another decade, Bloomberg  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Europe unable to defend itself independently for at least another decade, Bloomberg
Story by Daria Shekina  •
4d

Europe may need up to three years to determine whether it can defend itself without US assistance, according to Bloomberg.

According to the material, European high-ranking officials know they should not rely on the U.S. for Europe's defense, but increasing their own military potential requires determination, which they still need to demonstrate.

People familiar with the preparation process state it will take at least ten more years before Europe can defend itself without external assistance.

Statements by former U.S. President Donald Trump have intensified pressure after the presidential candidate declared he would support Russia's attack on NATO allies who fail to meet their spending commitments.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/europe-unable-to-defend-itself-independently-for-at-least-another-decade-bloomberg/ar-BB1ihNk2
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Since when has it EVER BEEN ABLE to defend itself without American help?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson