Author Topic: ‘Lone Survivor’ Marcus Luttrell went ‘John Wick’ on the guys who killed his dog  (Read 998 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Lone Survivor’ Marcus Luttrell went ‘John Wick’ on the guys who killed his dog
By
Blake Stilwell
Updated on
Feb 16, 2024 8:11 AM PST

SUMMARY
Marcus Luttrell was used to fighting enemies abroad. When two gunmen murdered his dog at home in Texas, he couldn’t help spring into action.

It was a regular April night around the Luttrell home near Huntsville, Texas. It had been five years since Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell fought the 2005 firefight with the Taliban that was portrayed in the film Lone Survivor. Since then, he received a Yellow Labrador puppy to help him recover from the unseen wounds of the war. He named the pup "Dasy," an acronym of the names of his fellow SEALs — the ones that didn't survive the battle.

A shot rang out throughout the area of the house. Luttrell sprang into action, grabbed a 9mm pistol, checked to see if his mother was alright, and then ran outside to check on Dasy. He found the puppy at the end of a trail of blood.

"When I saw she was dead, the only thing that popped into my head was, 'I've got to take these guys out,'" Luttrell told NBC News.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-trending/navy-seal-goes-john-wick/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Those two are damn lucky Luttrell didn't get to them first!! 0380000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Marcus and his brother Morgan grew up in the middle of nowhere near where I live. Morgan now represents me as a member of congress and Marcus is still nearby.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Only two years?  Shooting someone's dog should be a capital crime in Texas.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Only two years?  Shooting someone's dog should be a capital crime in Texas.

Cruelty to animals is now supposed to be a federal offense.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That dog is like a member of the family. Kill it, and I figure you're gunning for me next.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

That dog is like a member of the family. Kill it, and I figure you're gunning for me next.

Exactly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
‘Lone Survivor’ Marcus Luttrell went ‘John Wick’ on the guys who killed his dog
By
Blake Stilwell
Updated on
Feb 16, 2024 8:11 AM PST

SUMMARY
Marcus Luttrell was used to fighting enemies abroad. When two gunmen murdered his dog at home in Texas, he couldn’t help spring into action.

It was a regular April night around the Luttrell home near Huntsville, Texas. It had been five years since Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell fought the 2005 firefight with the Taliban that was portrayed in the film Lone Survivor. Since then, he received a Yellow Labrador puppy to help him recover from the unseen wounds of the war. He named the pup "Dasy," an acronym of the names of his fellow SEALs — the ones that didn't survive the battle.

A shot rang out throughout the area of the house. Luttrell sprang into action, grabbed a 9mm pistol, checked to see if his mother was alright, and then ran outside to check on Dasy. He found the puppy at the end of a trail of blood.

"When I saw she was dead, the only thing that popped into my head was, 'I've got to take these guys out,'" Luttrell told NBC News.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-trending/navy-seal-goes-john-wick/

May God Bless Marcus!  That man loved Dawg, and got them for it!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
When we had our first child, I went right out and got a Yellow Lab for my son to grow up with.