Author Topic: We are too stupid to see the Dark Ages are back  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We are too stupid to see the Dark Ages are back
« on: February 19, 2024, 10:29:05 am »
 We are too stupid to see the Dark Ages are back
Story by Tim Stanley  •
14h

This is a column about work, but I’m going to start with religion (atheists, bear with).

A Telegraph analysis reveals that Church of England attendance has fallen by about 20 per cent since Covid. Some of that will be old folks dying off; some of it, people losing the habit. But it’s also an illustration of how we respond to cultural cues. By closing churches in the middle of the “Greatest Crisis Since the War”, Christian leaders sent the message that collective worship isn’t essential – and if it didn’t matter then, why would it matter now?

The lesson of lockdown was that nothing – not your religion, your relationships, education or career – matters more than your health. Therefore, it’s no surprise that today, despite almost one million vacancies, more than nine million of us of working age are economically inactive, including two and a half million on a sickie.

The state told us we could stay at home and be paid to do it, that any cost will be covered by the future taxpayer. What mug would choose to get a job?!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/we-are-too-stupid-to-see-the-dark-ages-are-back/ar-BB1itFPM?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=974fc10d674f404288f8c71238589239&ei=45
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson