Author Topic: US may cut info-warfare assets as China, Russia expand influence ops  (Read 216 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US may cut info-warfare assets as China, Russia expand influence ops
Key psyops units may get squeezed by a Pentagon effort to trim special-operations forces.
PATRICK TUCKER | FEBRUARY 8, 2024
INFOWAR SPECIAL OPERATIONS CHINA RUSSIA

U.S. Army information-warfare capabilities are on the chopping block as the Pentagon looks to trim special operations forces, even as China and Russia expand their own influence efforts, according to multiple individuals with direct knowledge of the Army’s future plans who spoke to Defense One.

Service leaders are eyeing cuts to Military Information Support Operations, or MISO—perhaps better known as psychological operations—in order to spare “shooter” special operators such as Green Berets or Rangers, the individuals said.

An Army spokesman did not respond before press time.

Discussions of cuts to special operations forces have been bubbling for at least a year, ever since the Pentagon’s Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation office recommended reducing the number of special operators in support, logistics, and communications jobs. The Army may ultimately cut as many as 3,000 special operators. Defense officials had previously said that the cuts would primarily target logistics and headquarters staff.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2024/02/exclusive-us-may-cut-info-warfare-assets-china-russia-expand-influence-ops/394050/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US may cut info-warfare assets as China, Russia expand influence ops
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 07:27:39 pm »
Good job Biden and Gen. Davis!  Downsize wherever the commies are growing, Show them we don't care if we can match up or not. :amen:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson