Author Topic: Cost drain and weapon stockpile drawdowns worry Marine general  (Read 259 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cost drain and weapon stockpile drawdowns worry Marine general
« on: February 18, 2024, 07:03:15 pm »
Cost drain and weapon stockpile drawdowns worry Marine general
By Todd South
 Feb 16, 05:05 PM

A top Marine general worries about the U.S. military’s ability to maintain its munitions stockpiles while supporting wars in Ukraine and Israel as the services prepare for a more sophisticated conflict with China.

Lt. Gen. Karsten Heckl, head of Marine Corps Combat Development and Integration, spoke Wednesday at the U.S. Naval Institute and AFCEA International West Conference in San Diego.

Heckl referenced expensive weapons being used to defeat threats in such instances as Houthi missile strikes on watercraft in the Red Sea, Breaking Defense reported.

One such system commonly used by the Navy to knock out missiles and other threats is the Standard Missile-6. The munition can cost as much as $4.3 million per missile, according to the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance.

“How long can our magazines maintain this?” Heckl told reporters at the conference. “SM-6 … That’s a pretty exquisite piece of gear. Very, very effective. … How long can we sustain this? And remember, right now we’re just dealing with Houthis.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/02/16/cost-drain-and-weapon-stockpile-drawdowns-worry-marine-general/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

Re: Cost drain and weapon stockpile drawdowns worry Marine general
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 07:36:34 pm »
I find it a huge concern.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.