Author Topic: Eric Adams: NYC Is Handcuffed By Sanctuary City Laws  (Read 371 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eric Adams: NYC Is Handcuffed By Sanctuary City Laws
« on: February 18, 2024, 03:47:49 pm »
Eric Adams: NYC Is Handcuffed By Sanctuary City Laws
© Provided by State Of The Union

New York City Mayor Eric Adams expressed that sanctuary city laws and policies have limited his ability to address the migrant crisis overburdening the city’s welfare system.

With migrants continuing to enter and take advantage of services, Adams warned resources are not endless and the problem cannot solely be New York’s.

“We’re not just saying we’re out of room as a soundbite. We’re out of room, literally. People are going to be eventually sleeping on the streets,” Adams said.

While sympathetic to immigrants, Adams said the situation is unfair to city residents.

When asked what actions he can take, Adams cited restrictions from not being able to notify ICE, deport, or stop migrant flows.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/eric-adams-nyc-is-handcuffed-by-sanctuary-city-laws/ar-BB1isiml?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=27d74bbf07b5436982053b9bd10b1906&ei=29
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Eric Adams: NYC Is Handcuffed By Sanctuary City Laws
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 03:48:50 pm »
Those handcuffing laws weren't forced on NYC by previous generations of democrats were they? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 10:19:04 pm »
"Sanctuary city laws"...
...can be repealed.

Why aren't you calling for THAT, Mr. Adams?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 12:40:19 am »
There is no law in New York that says you must take money from the taxpayer and give it to someone who is not a legal resident.  Stop giving them free shit, and they will leave.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-