Author Topic: GoFundMe launched to help pay Trump’s legal fees  (Read 1412 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GoFundMe launched to help pay Trump’s legal fees
« on: February 18, 2024, 02:47:53 pm »
GoFundMe launched to help pay Trump’s legal fees
by Sarah Polus - 02/17/24 10:57 PM ET

The wife of an investor has launched a GoFundMe to help fund former President Trump’s mounting legal expenses in the wake of Friday’s verdict in the New York fraud case.

The GoFundMe has a goal of $355 million — the amount that Judge Arthur Engoron ordered Trump to pay nearly in penalties in a civil fraud case. As of Saturday night, the GoFundMe had already raised over $185,000 with more than 4,000 donors.

With interest, Trump and his business could pay more than $450 million, according to the New York attorney general’s office.

The online fundraiser was started by Elena Cardone, the wife of investor Grant Cardone, an entrepreneur and investor.

“I stand unwaveringly with President Donald Trump in the face of what I see as unprecedented and unfair treatment by certain judicial elements in New York,” Elena Cardone wrote on the GoFundMe page.

She continued, “The recent legal battles he faces are not just an attack on him, but an attack on the very ideals of fairness and due process that every American deserves.”

The Friday financial penalty comes shortly after Trump was ordered to pay $83.3 million when a judge determined last month that Trump defamed writer E. Jean Carroll. Trump was previously ordered to pay Carroll $5 million last year.

Trump’s attorneys slammed the Friday verdict, calling it a “politically fueled witch hunt,” and said the former president will appeal the ruling.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4475076-gofundme-launched-to-help-pay-trumps-legal-fees/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:49:11 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GoFundMe launched to help pay Trump’s legal fees
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 03:05:44 pm »
 *bouche*

$230,218
raised of $355,000,000 goal
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 03:13:56 pm »
People who send Trump money are morons.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 05:07:14 pm »
Come one people!  We are behind on our thon.  Let's get ' er done!  Jim....      Oh wait wrong website.  happy77

LOL!

FReepers are the absolute greatest!  (except all those we taunt, insult, zot, censor, threaten, and remove totally from the server!)

:whistle:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 09:04:08 pm »
Going a little slow

$294,928
raised of $355,000,000 goal
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 09:15:36 pm »
???? Donate to Trump??  Why? First of all he has bragged that he is a multi billionaire.  So, we're scraping by, cutting back here and there and we should donate to Trump, why???

Where are all of his 85,000,000 supporters?  If they each gave around $6.00 each, he shouldn't have any problem.  I know that they want to spend money on a pair of his new fangled tennis shoes instead, but it's for a worthy cause.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 09:30:21 pm »
If Trump had hired competent lawyers, he wouldn't need to raise $355 million.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2024, 09:35:50 pm »
If Trump had hired competent lawyers, he wouldn't need to raise $355 million.

If Trump would have listened to his lawyers, he'd have lawyers who were competent.  :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 10:01:06 pm »
I have an expired Golden Corral 50 dollar gift card with $17.56 left on it that I won from Frank Cannon 4 years ago.  I would be willing to donate it to Trump.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2024, 10:04:49 pm »
I have an expired Golden Corral 50 dollar gift card with $17.56 left on it that I won from Frank Cannon 4 years ago.  I would be willing to donate it to Trump.

:laughingdog: Go for it! :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2024, 11:13:56 pm »
GoFundMe will shut this down before they collect $1M.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2024, 11:24:17 pm »
GoFundMe will shut this down before they collect $1M.

I had a similar thought when I read this

The GFM head honchos won't let this stay up for long. In fact, I'm surprised it's still up

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2024, 08:18:22 pm »
Trump supporters raise nearly $500,000 for New York fraud judgment
By
Gabrielle M. Etzel
February 19, 2024 2:15 pm

A GoFundMe campaign to pay for the recent civil judgment against Former President Donald Trump had reached nearly $500,000 in donations from more than 9,000 individual contributors on Monday.

Social media influencer Elena Cardone, wife of billionaire private equity fund manager and entrepreneur Grant Cardone, set up the fundraising site on Friday following the judge’s order for Trump and his associates to pay $355 million plus interest in penalties for civil business fraud.

“I stand unwaveringly with President Donald Trump in the face of what I see as unprecedented and unfair treatment by certain judicial elements in New York,” Cardone said.

New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron ordered Trump and his companies to pay the multimillion-dollar judgment to the state, barring the former president from “serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in New York” for three years.

Trump is also forbidden from applying for loans from any financial institution “chartered by or registered with the New York Department of Financial Services” for three years.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2863337/trump-supporters-raise-nearly-500000-for-new-york-fraud-judgment/
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2024, 09:04:53 pm »
They should start a GoFundMe page for Mike Roman's Georgia lawyer, Ashleigh Merchant, for doing what Trump's own lawyers should have been doing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-