Author Topic: Illinois and Cook County to Pump $250 Million Into Chicago's Migrant Crisis  (Read 294 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illinois and Cook County to Pump $250 Million Into Chicago's Migrant Crisis
RICK MORAN | 9:44 AM ON FEBRUARY 17, 2024

The state of Illinois and Cook County have agreed to give Chicago $250 million in taxpayer funds to help feed, shelter, and care for the 35,000 migrants who have arrived in the city over the last year.

The state is pledging more than $180 million while Cook County is planning on adding an additional $70 million. The $150 million response is about $70 million short of what Chicago needs to care for the new arrivals.

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson is refusing to say how much, if any, Chicago will contribute to the migrant fund.

Governor J.B. Pritzker pledged $160 million in November for migrant services but Chicago's panicky mayor said that wasn't enough. Altogether, the state has given Chicago nearly half a billion dollars so far for migrants.

https://pjmedia.com/rick-moran/2024/02/17/illinois-and-cook-county-to-pump-250-million-into-chicagos-migrant-crisis-n4926528
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Illinois and Cook County to Pump $250 Million Into Chicago's Migrant Crisis"

Kinda like this?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
These people aren't going to give up their woke religion for any amount of money.
The Republic is lost.