Author Topic: Biden Thinks No One Made Mistakes in Disastrous Afghanistan Withdrawal: Report  (Read 660 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Thinks No One Made Mistakes in Disastrous Afghanistan Withdrawal: Report
(Nathan Howard/Getty Images)
Matthew Xiao
February 16, 2024

President Joe Biden has long publicly defended his controversial withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021, but, according to a new book, his remarks were not just out of political convenience—Biden genuinely believes his administration did not make any mistakes during the withdrawal.

"No one offered to resign [after the Afghanistan exit], in large part because the president didn't believe anyone had made a mistake. Ending the war was always going to be messy," said Politico's national security reporter Alexander Ward in his upcoming book The Internationalists: The Fight to Restore Foreign Policy After Trump, according to Axios.

"Biden told his top aides, [National Security Adviser Jake] Sullivan included, that he stood by them and they had done their best during a tough situation," Ward said, adding that a White House official had told him that "there wasn't even a real possibility of a shake-up."

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/biden-thinks-no-one-made-mistakes-in-disastrous-afghanistan-withdrawal-report/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 06:56:38 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The only person who has lived and possibly made fewer mistakes than Biden is Jesus.  I'm sure he would challenge anyone who said so. :da man:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

The only person who has lived and possibly made fewer mistakes than Biden is Jesus.  I'm sure he would challenge anyone who said so. :da man:

Which is why convincing him to step down is going to be very difficult
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy