Author Topic: ‘Woke’ College Courses Are Raising Eyebrows  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Woke’ College Courses Are Raising Eyebrows
« on: February 17, 2024, 06:49:00 pm »

‘Woke’ College Courses Are Raising Eyebrows
Story by Andrew Rodriguez  •
17h

Universities across the US are emphasizing gender ideology and the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) agenda through courses such as “Decolonial Queerness” and “Interrogating Whiteness.”

Prestigious institutions like Columbia University and Dartmouth are offering classes focusing on colonialism, activism, and the Black Lives Matter movement.

These courses delve into far-left ideologies and Critical Race Theory, while also preparing future educators to propagate these ideas in K-12 settings.

American University offers a course called “Interrogating Whiteness: Privilege, Racism, and Anti-Racism.”

It aims to examine “how whiteness intersects with gender, class, and sexuality. Students develop skills for multicultural alliances and strategies for antiracist engagements.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/woke-college-courses-are-raising-eyebrows/ar-BB1ipizs?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=300e4fdf60da4048bce77c8d595fb6a8&ei=45
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson