Author Topic: Harris Affirms U.S. Commitment to Stand With Allies, Lead in 'Unsettled Times'  (Read 246 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Harris Affirms U.S. Commitment to Stand With Allies, Lead in 'Unsettled Times'
Feb. 16, 2024 | By Joseph Clark , DOD News |   

Vice President Kamala Harris today underscored the critical role of U.S. leadership as world leaders confront global conflicts and threats to international peace and stability. 

Speaking at this year's Munich Security Conference in Germany, Harris noted Russia's ongoing war in Ukraine and increased instability and conflict in the Middle East. 

She also highlighted competition with China, the emergence of transformative technology, and the threat that the climate crisis will compound the risk to international order. 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Throwing cowpies at everything and everyone, then promising that 'you'll get them through this s**t'

Orwell was an amateur.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Doesn't sound like this administration plans to stand with our ally Israel.

Amos Hochstein, WH Energy Advisor tells me, “We’re going to have to do a lot of building-up of the Lebanese armed forces, build-up the economy in southern Lebanon, that’s going to require a coalition of international support…I’m hopeful that we will see support from [Gulf allies] in this next phase.”

https://twitter.com/_HadleyGamble/status/1758737927801118911

Omri Ceren
@omriceren
The Biden admin's obsession with putting hostile US-sponsored forces on Israel's border, I mean, it's really something.
11:41 AM · Feb 17, 2024

Caroline Glick
@CarolineGlick
Biden's Lebanon policy is to support and strengthen Iran's proxies.
1:00 PM · Feb 17, 2024

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 11:21:22 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org