Author Topic: Governor Jeff Landry declares state of emergency in Louisiana due to severe police officer shortage  (Read 859 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Governor Jeff Landry declares state of emergency in Louisiana due to severe police officer shortage
Story by Vassia Barba  •
22h

Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry has declared a state of emergency due to the severe shortage of police officers across the state.

Landry's executive order issued Thursday lifts limits on how many new employees Louisiana sheriffs can hire and on payroll increases for their departments.

The Louisiana Sheriff’s Association estimates that sheriffs’ offices statewide are currently short by approximately 1,800 deputies, leading to challenges in maintaining adequate staffing levels and increasing response times to emergency calls.

In light of the statistics, Governor Landry issued the executive order to address the pressing need for additional law enforcement personnel.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/governor-jeff-landry-declares-state-of-emergency-in-louisiana-due-to-severe-police-officer-shortage/ar-BB1ioKmr?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=300e4fdf60da4048bce77c8d595fb6a8&ei=25
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A solid democrat led "defund the police" success! :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson