Author Topic: Ford-Class Aircraft Carrier USS John F. Kennedy Looks Unstoppable  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
February 17, 2024 

Ford-Class Aircraft Carrier USS John F. Kennedy Looks Unstoppable

Considering the ongoing barrages of rockets, drones, and missiles being launched by the Iranian-backed Houthis in the Red Sea towards U.S. warships, the timely introduction of the Ford-Class aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy will support America’s deterrence strategy.

by Maya Carlin Follow Mayarcarlin on TwitterL

Summary: The U.S. Navy is escalating its production of Ford-class nuclear-powered aircraft carriers to bolster security amidst heightened tensions and Houthi attacks in the Red Sea. The advanced Ford-class, including ships like the USS Gerald R. Ford and USS John F. Kennedy, represents a technological leap over the aging Nimitz-class with features such as larger decks, enhanced propulsion, and the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS). The USS Gerald R. Ford, commissioned in 2017, leads this new class, with the USS John F. Kennedy set for delivery in 2024, aiming to strengthen U.S. naval capabilities and deterrence in strategic regions like the Indo-Pacific.

Ford-Class CVN-69 USS John F. Kennedy Update
The U.S. Navy is doubling down its efforts to produce additional Ford-class nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, according to the Executive Director for the service’s Program Executive Office Carriers.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ford-class-aircraft-carrier-uss-john-f-kennedy-looks-unstoppable-209482
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Ford-Class Aircraft Carrier USS John F. Kennedy Looks Unstoppable
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 06:25:19 pm »
The Zumwalt class destroyers looked the same way, didn't they? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson