Author Topic: Air Force recruiting rebounds while Army, Navy still struggle  (Read 152 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force recruiting rebounds while Army, Navy still struggle
« on: February 17, 2024, 04:29:38 pm »
Air Force recruiting rebounds while Army, Navy still struggle
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Feb 16, 07:45 PM

The Pentagon ended fiscal year 2023 on a sour note for military recruiting, falling tens of thousands of new enlisted troops short of its goal in what it called “the toughest recruitment year for the military services since the inception of the all-volunteer force.”

But efforts to spruce up lackluster recruiting across the armed forces have yielded mixed results so far.

The Air Force has so far managed to reverse its misfortunes, exceeding its goal of 6,249 new active duty airmen by 130 people as of the end of December 2023, according to recently released Pentagon statistics.

That’s due in part to a slew of policy tweaks aimed at growing the pool of eligible prospects, a growing staff focused on battling a backlog of medical paperwork, and a fourth-quarter push to get as large of a head start on fiscal 2024 recruitment as possible.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2024/02/17/air-force-recruiting-rebounds-while-army-navy-still-struggle/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air Force recruiting rebounds while Army, Navy still struggle
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 04:31:48 pm »
How would you feel about buying a car with "rebound" parts?  This is nothing but a numbers game to add people, not improve the AF. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson