Author Topic: Under the Democrats’ Rule, America Has Become A Failed State  (Read 191 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Under the Democrats’ Rule, America Has Become A Failed State
« on: February 17, 2024, 02:44:37 pm »
February 17, 2024
Under the Democrats’ Rule, America Has Become A Failed State
By Vince Coyner

Thomas Jefferson wrote about governments that “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,” In modern English, government exists to do for men those things they cannot do for themselves: protect the nation, ensure tranquility within the nation and guarantee God-given individual rights are not trampled upon within the nation. Our government has failed in that task. Our nation, therefore, is a failed state.

Another way of looking at Jefferson’s prescription for government is that it is the government’s job to help protect families and communities, enabling citizens to pursue happiness. Of course, that’s hard to do. Of the 110 billion people who have ever lived, most have lived in civilizations that did not even come close to that goal. Indeed, most lived in civilizations where that goal didn’t even exist, or at least the individual rights element of it.

For most of the last 248 years since Jefferson wrote those words about a successful government, and 233 years after Congress ratified the Constitution, binding the nation contractually to those same principles, America largely operated under that contract. Today, however, after less than a quarter century into the new millennia, we must admit that the contract is broken, and America is a failed nation. Our nation no longer serves its people.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/02/under_the_democrats_rule_america_has_become_a_failed_state.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Under the Democrats’ Rule, America Has Become A Failed State
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 02:59:32 pm »
Very sad but true. So ... this comes to mind:

The American's Creed

"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my Country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws; to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."

--- William Tyler Page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Under the Democrats’ Rule, America Has Become A Failed State
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 03:23:41 pm »
Very sad but true. So ... this comes to mind:

The American's Creed

"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a Republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my Country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws; to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."

--- William Tyler Page

As revised, I agree.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien