Author Topic: Biden Admin Shells Out Taxpayer Dollars On Getting Americans To Eat Trash-Fed Bugs  (Read 240 times)

Online mountaineer

Biden Admin Shells Out Taxpayer Dollars On Getting Americans To Eat Trash-Fed Bugs
Robert Schmad
DAILY CALLER
February 16, 2024 2:54 PM ET
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) began funding research into trash-fed crickets as an alternative to conventional and “unsustainable” protein production in July 2023, a federal grant listing shows.

The $130,000 grant supports research that “addresses the need for more cost-efficient production of crickets as a sustainable protein source,” according to the listing. Specifically, the grant will support research into using municipal landfill waste to feed crickets that will later be harvested for human consumption.

USDA awarded the grant to Mighty Cricket Inc., a private firm that sells cricket flour, cricket protein powder and cricket oatmeal. The agency believes that using landfill waste to feed crickets could help the firm “procure cricket feed at lower cost than what is available on the market,” leading to savings that could then be passed along to the consumer.

USDA’s grant listing criticizes traditional animal farming for being too resource-intensive and too harsh on the environment. ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROBERT SCHMAD ON FEB 19, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS

Biden Shells Out Taxpayer Dollars On Getting Americans To Eat Trash-Fed Bugs

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) began funding research into trash-fed crickets as an alternative to conventional and “unsustainable” protein production in July 2023, a federal grant listing shows.

The $130,000 grant supports research that “addresses the need for more cost-efficient production of crickets as a sustainable protein source,” according to the listing. [emphasis, links added]

Specifically, the grant will support research into using municipal landfill waste to feed crickets that will later be harvested for human consumption.

USDA awarded the grant to Mighty Cricket Inc., a private firm that sells cricket flour, cricket protein powder, and cricket oatmeal.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-shells-out-taxpayer-dollars-on-getting-americans-to-eat-trash-fed-bugs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson