Author Topic: As EV Sales Collapse, California To Spend $1.9B More On Charging Stations  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY KENNETH SCHRUPP ON FEB 16, 2024. POSTED IN NEWS AND OPINION

As EV Sales Collapse, California To Spend $1.9B More On Charging Stations

California Governor Gavin Newsom is pushing ahead with $1.9 billion in state spending on a public electric vehicle charging network as EV sales plummet.

The state aims to build 40,000 chargers, compared to the just over 10,000 EV fast chargers it currently has. [emphasis, links added]

“Our clean transportation future is here with more than 1 in 4 new cars sold in our state being electric. That’s why California is building a bigger and better zero-emission charging network – the most extensive in the nation,” said Newsom in a statement.

Should the state spend the allocated $1.7 billion out of the $1.9 billion on 30,000 chargers, each charger will cost nearly $60,000.

California EV sales fell 10% in the last quarter of 2023 compared to the previous quarter, and another 3% in the quarter before that after skyrocketing over the prior decade.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/as-ev-sales-collapse-california-to-spend-1-9b-more-on-charging-stations/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: As EV Sales Collapse, California To Spend $1.9B More On Charging Stations
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 01:19:28 pm »
The only people more stupid than Mejifornia politicians are military flag officers so may the machines can be sold to the military for a "respectful" profit.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson