Author Topic: Harvard professor says ‘all hell broke loose’ when his study found no racial bias in police shooting  (Read 723 times)

Online mountaineer

Harvard professor says ‘all hell broke loose’ when his study found no racial bias in police shootings
Roland Fryer said he lived under police protection during the fallout of his study
By Nikolas Lanum Fox News
Published February 16, 2024 2:28pm EST
A Harvard professor said that "all hell broke loose" and he was forced to go out in public with armed security after he published a study that found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings. 

During a sit-down conversation with Bari Weiss of The Free Press, Harvard Economics Professor Roland Fryer discussed the fallout from a 2016 study he published on racial bias in Houston policing.

The study found that police were more than twice as likely to manhandle, beat or use some other kind of nonfatal force against blacks and Hispanics than against people of other races. However, the data also determined that officers were 23.8 percent less likely to shoot at blacks and 8.5 percent less likely to shoot at Hispanics than they were to shoot at whites.

When Fryer claimed the data showed "no racial differences in officer-involved shootings," he said, "all hell broke loose," and his life was upended. ...
Read entire article at FOX News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

"Roland Fryer,...the youngest African-American to ever be awarded tenure at [Harvard], has revealed he faced threats and had to get armed security after publishing a study showing no racial bias in police-involved shootings."

https://twitter.com/SwipeWright/status/1758885429829382323
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Liberals aren't interested in seeing truth.  Uncover it at your own risk.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Harvard professor says ‘all hell broke loose’ when his study found no racial bias in police shootings
Roland Fryer said he lived under police protection during the fallout of his study
Nikolas Lanum By Nikolas Lanum Fox News
Published February 16, 2024 2:28pm EST

A Harvard professor said that "all hell broke loose" and he was forced to go out in public with armed security after he published a study that found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings. 

During a sit-down conversation with Bari Weiss of The Free Press, Harvard Economics Professor Roland Fryer discussed the fallout from a 2016 study he published on racial bias in Houston policing.

The study found that police were more than twice as likely to manhandle, beat or use some other kind of nonfatal force against blacks and Hispanics than against people of other races. However, the data also determined that officers were 23.8 percent less likely to shoot at blacks and 8.5 percent less likely to shoot at Hispanics than they were to shoot at whites.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/harvard-professor-all-hell-broke-loose-study-found-no-racial-bias-police-shootings
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Heretic! You do not contradict the dogma of the Holy Woke Ones!

Burn him! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn him!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again, this is appropriate:

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

- George Orwell

Offline LMAO

If I recall, didn't the coroner who testified for the defense in Chauvin's trial also faced the same issue?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy