Poll

Is America too far gone Culturally to Recover?

Yes, I just don't see a Reagan type Leader on the Horizon
12 (42.9%)
No, we can recover from this BS
7 (25%)
My GrandMother thought the Flappers took it too far
2 (7.1%)
It's more Complicated than that; another BS corbe poll (stoner option)
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: April 02, 2024, 02:54:51 am

Author Topic: Is America too far gone Culturally to Recover?  (Read 4661 times)

Online corbe

Is America too far gone Culturally to Recover?
« on: February 17, 2024, 02:54:51 am »
   Is it not every other day we get a mass shooting? 
   This Country is going down the drain fast, in the last 15 years.

Jethro Tull ~ Locomotive Breath { Music Video}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ebwhu3nsM8
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Is America too far gone Culturally to Recover?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 03:00:21 am »
Yes! We can recover. Will we recover? Not a chance.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 05:38:28 am »
The problem with the poll is the assumption that the People need a leader to follow.

That's no where near true.

It's the People that need to turn around and go the way of our fathers.
And yes, it can happen, in the blink of an eye.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 07:26:51 am »

There are two chances, a slim chance and a fat chance!

I am afraid things have reached the point that any transition back to the Republic, as intended, will be ugly if it ever happens.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 03:16:16 pm »
I think you  need a "maybe" option in your list.

*I* think it all depends on what happens come the next election.

IF Trump wins,America MIGHT stand a chance of surviving.

If he doesn't win,there is no chance at all of America surviving as a nation of free and independent people.
We will all be slaves,and the government will be our massa.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2024, 03:44:04 pm »
I think you  need a "maybe" option in your list.

*I* think it all depends on what happens come the next election.

IF Trump wins,America MIGHT stand a chance of surviving.

If he doesn't win,there is no chance at all of America surviving as a nation of free and independent people.
We will all be slaves,and the government will be our massa.

Messianic nonsense.

Nah. In fact, the culture is driving the politics. Not the other way around.
DEI is being chased out of Corporate America - Thanks not a whit to Tumpy.
In fact, Tumpy is on the wrong side of it. Absolutely tone deaf, standing with Disney and Butt Light.

Doctors who stood against COVID vaxx are winning cases.
Again, Tumpy is tone deaf. He will never admit that because of his efforts to shove through those vaxxes And recommend everybody take em.

Tumpy is not rebellion from the system. Tumpy thinks he can run the system better.
He is wrong. Stone dead wrong.

The rebellion is those who stand against the system - Plowing a new way.
That is not Tumpy or his movement.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2024, 04:20:29 pm »
Messianic nonsense.

In fact, Tumpy is on the wrong side of it. Absolutely tone deaf, standing with Disney and Butt Light.

Again, Tumpy is tone deaf. He will never admit that because of his efforts to shove through those vaxxes And recommend everybody take em.

Tumpy is not rebellion from the system. Tumpy thinks he can run the system better.

@roamer_1

Uh,huh.

And the solution to all this is to do like you,and have a hissy-fit and not vote?

People like you are the problem,NOT the solution.

However,I WILL grant you the possibility  that your (and my) votes won't be counted,anyway.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:21:22 pm by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2024, 04:28:06 pm »
Complications are plentiful and evilness continues to prevail.  The only way we are going to recover is by Divine Intervention.  I continue to pray for a miracle.  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2024, 04:33:55 pm »
@roamer_1

Uh,huh.

And the solution to all this is to do like you,and have a hissy-fit and not vote?

People like you are the problem,NOT the solution.

However,I WILL grant you the possibility  that your (and my) votes won't be counted,anyway.

To the contrary. To CONTINUE to vote for that which I do NOT believe in is the problem.
I will not do it. Not ever again.

Your big government is no better than the Democrats. It is the same dang thing.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2024, 04:36:16 pm »
Complications are plentiful and evilness continues to prevail.  The only way we are going to recover is by Divine Intervention.  I continue to pray for a miracle.  :patriot:

Oddly enough, I continue to have more hope than most.
Of course it takes an act of God, but that can happen in an instant.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2024, 04:43:15 pm »

The only hope I see is a default on the debt, a total collapse of the American economy, and an end to reliance on the federal government.  Only then we can we hit 'reset'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2024, 04:48:31 pm »
The only hope I see is a default on the debt, a total collapse of the American economy, and an end to reliance on the federal government.  Only then we can we hit 'reset'.

@Hoodat

Which will surely result in anarchy and riots in the streets.

Don't think so?

What do any of you think will happen when SS and other retirement checks stop arriving and all the banks are closed?

Which  means,of course,no food is delivered,hospitals are closed,and every single other bad thing you can think of begins to happen  on a daily basis.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2024, 04:50:09 pm »
Oddly enough, I continue to have more hope than most.
Of course it takes an act of God, but that can happen in an instant.

@roamer_1

2 Kings 7
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2024, 04:52:11 pm »
What do any of you think will happen when SS and other retirement checks stop arriving and all the banks are closed?

America returns to its senses and begins to realize that government was the problem, not the solution?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2024, 04:54:20 pm »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2024, 05:02:36 pm »
Ice Spice and Taylor Swift are demon infested swine. Cast not your pearls before swine.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2024, 05:10:23 pm »
@roamer_1

2 Kings 7

Exactly... And even now the smell of it is in the air... Corporations rejecting DEI... Colleges returning to SATs... The PEOPLE - not any movement - The People rejecting woke companies...

All it needs is for someone to draw a hard line, and it could swing hard the other way in an instant.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 05:12:33 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2024, 05:13:45 pm »

IF the American economy collapses, it will be felt on a global scale with other economies collapsing. We need to go back to the gold standard before this indeed happens.  Otherwise, it's curtains for this Republic as I foresee either China or Russia overtaking us; likely China.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2024, 05:14:59 pm »
Exactly... Ad even now the smell of it is in the air... Corporations rejecting DEI... Colleges returning to SATs... The PEOPLE - not any movement - The People rejecting woke companies...

All it needs is for someone to draw a hard line, and it could swing hard the other way in an instant.

Before '20 "woke" was preceived as a popular societal term in the venacular. 

Now not even the most hard core lefties use it anymore.  It and what it stands for has been proven "toxic".  We are turning the corner toward sanity, but have we turned too late?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2024, 05:19:09 pm »
@Hoodat

WHY?

Your God allowed that to happen.

It was directed to @roamer_1 .  I wasn't thinking of you when I posted it.  I would never expect you to understand.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2024, 05:25:31 pm »
Is this a worthy attempt?

The Idaho House overwhelmingly passed a bill that would allow the death penalty for anyone convicted of certain sex crimes against preteen children Tuesday, even as its sponsor acknowledged that such a law would be unconstitutional.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2024, 05:25:37 pm »
Before '20 "woke" was preceived as a popular societal term in the venacular. 

Now not even the most hard core lefties use it anymore.  It and what it stands for has been proven "toxic".  We are turning the corner toward sanity, but have we turned too late?

Too soon to tell - I can't even say the turn is made, or even about to be made. But IF it happens, I can say I expect a hard turn... Kids are turning back to what their grandfathers knew... Looking for the old ways... Them that will. If that continues, it will be like a tidal wave.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2024, 05:31:18 pm »
IF the American economy collapses, it will be felt on a global scale with other economies collapsing. We need to go back to the gold standard before this indeed happens.
Otherwise, it's curtains for this Republic as I foresee either China or Russia overtaking us; likely China.

@libertybele

Is it still considered to  be "overtaking us" if we open  the doors wide and invite them in?

We now have factories that WERE operating in America,operating in China,and they even have the American management and technical staff living in China in order to maintain the equipment and teach  the Chinese how to do it themselves.

I know of a meatpacking plant in norther Va that  was sold to the Chinese,taken apart,and shipped to China to be put up again there. I know this because I bought an antique truck from the guy that used to be the maintenance foreman there,and asked him why he was selling everything he had. He told me the Chinese had given him a 5 year contract to  live in China to help them get the plant reassembled and to teach them how to keep it working.

For some reason,this idiot  seemed proud of this.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2024, 05:32:20 pm »
It was directed to @roamer_1 .  I wasn't thinking of you when I posted it.  I would never expect you to understand.

@Hoodat

Sorry for interrupting a private conversation. I thought it was public.

Online LMAO

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2024, 05:35:03 pm »
Messianic nonsense.

This pointing-up pointing-up

Earthly souls are looking for their personal messiah and for some strange reason, they chose Trump to latch onto

But you’re right. It’s the people not the politicians. The politicians just stand in the way

And the rebellion against Bud Light is a perfect example. No political figure lead that. In fact, the GOP nominee opposed the boycott
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 05:36:26 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy