Author Topic: Abbott unveils plans to build a National Guard base camp near the Rio Grande  (Read 573 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Abbott unveils plans to build a National Guard base camp near the Rio Grande
by Tara Suter - 02/16/24 6:44 PM ET

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) unveiled plans Friday to build a National Guard base camp near the Rio Grande that could house up to 1,800 troops in Eagle Pass, Texas.

“We are building a new Texas Military Department base camp that allows the Texas National Guard to increase and to improve operations in this area,” Abbott said Friday during a press conference in the border city.

“This will increase the ability for a larger number of Texas Military Department soldiers in Eagle Pass to operate more effectively and efficiently,” he added. “Before now, the Texas National Guard had been scattered across this entire region in cramped quarters, away from fellow soldiers, and sometimes traveling long distances to do their job. This base camp is going to dramatically improve conditions for our soldiers.”

According to Friday’s press release, the Texas Military Department acquired 80 acres of land in Eagle Pass “to construct a Forward Operating Base” housing 1,800 soldiers, “with the ability to accommodate an additional 500, who are deployed to respond to the open border chaos created by the Biden Administration.“

The construction process will include the addition of 300 beds every 30 days, with the first phase expected to be completed by April, said Maj. Gen. Thomas Suelzer, the head of the Texas Military Department, The Associated Press reported. It will also include three command posts, weapons storage rooms and a helicopter pad, per the AP.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4473701-abbott-unveils-plans-to-build-national-guard-base-camp-eagle-pass/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nice. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Abbott and Paxton are on a roll right now. This is how you fight the woke douchewheels.
The Republic is lost.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas will build camp for National Guard members in border city of Eagle Pass
by: VALERIE GONZALEZ, Associated Press

Posted: Feb 16, 2024 / 05:28 PM CST

Updated: Feb 16, 2024 / 05:29 PM CST

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — Texas will build an operations base for up to 1,800 National Guard members in Eagle Pass, expanding the presence of soldiers in the border city where the state has clashed with the Biden administration over immigration enforcement, Republican Gov. Greg Abbott announced Friday.

The 80-acre property along the Rio Grande will open a short distance from Shelby Park, the riverfront area where Texas National Guard members have installed miles of razor wire and began denying access to U.S. Border Patrol agents.

“This will increase the ability for a larger number of Texas military department personnel in Eagle Pass to operate more effectively and more efficiently,” Abbott said.

Abbott said the camp will improve living conditions for soldiers who are deployed to the U.S.-Mexico border, an issue that troubled the Guard’s mission during the early months of Operation Lone Star.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/texas-will-build-camp-for-national-guard-members-in-border-city-of-eagle-pass/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Topics merged

Offline libertybele

Abbott and Paxton are on a roll right now. This is how you fight the woke douchewheels.

I applaud them both!  In addition they are fighting a legal battle -- I pray that the prevail on all fronts.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Abbott unveils plans to build a National Guard base camp near the Rio Grande"

Only one?

Better plan on a base every fifty miles, the ENTIRE length of the Texas border...