Author Topic: Biden privately defiant that he didn't botch Afghanistan withdrawal: book  (Read 622 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden privately defiant that he didn't botch Afghanistan withdrawal: book
White House official said no one believed Biden could keep promise in 2021 to keep troops in Afghanistan until all U.S. citizens had chance to leave
 By Nikolas Lanum Fox News
Published February 16, 2024 12:07pm EST

Behind closed doors, President Biden strongly believes that he made the right decisions on the chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal that led in part to the deaths of 13 American soldiers, according to an upcoming book.

An excerpt from "The Internationalists: The Fight to Restore Foreign Policy After Trump," obtained by Axios, suggests that Biden remains defiant that the history books will look favorably on his decision to leave Afghanistan after American troops spent 20 years fighting the nation's longest war.

Following the withdrawal, "no one offered to resign, in large part because the president didn't believe anyone had made a mistake. Ending the war was always going to be messy," author Alexander Ward writes.

Biden allegedly told his top aides, including White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan, that they had done their best given the situation and vowed to stand by them.

"There wasn't even a real possibility of a shake-up," a White House official told Ward.

The author claims that Biden knew he was making promises to get people out of Afghanistan that he could not keep as confusion and chaos unfolded at the Kabul airport.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-privately-defiant-didnt-botch-afghanistan-withdrawal-book
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Biden privately defiant that he didn't botch Afghanistan withdrawal: book
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 07:09:36 pm »
Evil Joe lied and Americans died.  He FAILED.  There's no other way to look at this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 03:57:44 pm »
Anybody still want to buy the theory that he’s going to be forced to resign?

He thinks his tenure has been absolutely wonderful for the American people
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 04:33:56 pm »
Anybody still want to buy the theory that he’s going to be forced to resign?

He thinks his tenure has been absolutely wonderful for the American people

Agreed.  And why would they need to replace him?  Look who his opponent is.

Democrats put a system in place in 2020 that will assure them an election victory no matter what.  And four years later, Republicans haven't done a single thing to block it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-