Author Topic: Fani Willis Is an Embarrassment to Black People. She's the Proof That DEI Only Hurts Us  (Read 409 times)

Online mountaineer

Fani Willis Is an Embarrassment to Black People. She's the Proof That DEI Only Hurts Us.
Published Feb 16, 2024 at 7:15 AM EST
Updated Feb 16, 2024 at 9:41 AM EST
By Kira Davis
As a Black woman and working professional, I've never been a huge fan of affirmative action and the recent rise of critical theory, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives has only bolstered my resistance. While it may seem necessary to some in order to right the wrongs of the past, I can sum up why these measures are an unmitigated disaster for hard-working Black Americans in two words:

Fani Willis.

Willis is the prosecutor in one of the nation's major cities and most high profile cases against former President Donald Trump. Her position and the historic nature of the case she is prosecuting put her in an elite class most Black people will never even dream of reaching. One would expect such a person to be polished and classy, and able to remain so even while responding to an uncomfortable barrage of questions on the witness stand.

Instead, what we got was a defiant, childish, sour woman who spoke with the sophistication of teenage girl at her first college party.

It wasn't simply that she sounded angry—she also sounded stupid. ...
Read entire essay at Newsweek
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Fani Willis was elected by the People of Fulton County.  DEI is not to blame; Democracy is.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fani Willis was elected by the People of Fulton County.  DEI is not to blame; Democracy is.
Provided that wasn't 'fixed', too.

Fulton County, GA is rumored to not have the most trustworthy election apparatus.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You forgot one thing.  In order for her to get on the ballot and elected she had to have the backing and support of white liberal virtue signaling DEI affirmative action biased demorat party leaders. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Fani Willis’s Black Panther father was arrested so many times, and in so many states, that he lost count.

Plus did she give the Fulton RICO case interview videos to a WAPO reporter?

https://twitter.com/pepesgrandma/status/1758589404975951891
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Not going to blame democracy here.  But voters clearly are not trustworthy when it comes to selecting their leaders.  I remember an election about 20 years ago for Fulton County Sheriff.  One candidate had thirty years experience as a police officer.  He was very knowledgeable, had a very keen understanding of ongoing problems, could easily identify the causes, and offered workable solutions.  The other candidate had zero law enforcement experience.  But he was black.  Guess who the voters chose?

My mother had a saying, "We always get the government we deserve."  You may not like hearing that, but it is true.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Plus did she give the Fulton RICO case interview videos to a WAPO reporter?

Meanwhile, here are Trump's lawyers:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I love the lady....  i hope she stays in the limelight for years, so that she can be the poster girl for how f'ed up woke-ism is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.