Author Topic: One Sure Prediction: Mass-Immigration Special Interests will be Dependably Wrong  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
One Sure Prediction: Mass-Immigration Special Interests will be Dependably Wrong
February 14, 2024

Unsubstantiated claims, and outright whoppers are standard operating procedure for mass immigration advocates, particularly when they fight common-sense legislation put forth by responsible public officials trying to protect their communities. Case in point: The left’s ominous warnings when Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed Senate Bill (SB) 1718 in May of 2023. The bill not only expanded E-Verify – thus protecting American workers – but made multiple statutory changes for the purpose of deterring illegal immigration and mitigating the adverse effects of Biden’s Border Crisis on the Sunshine State.

One particular Los Angeles Times piece written by the far-left Center for American Progress just days after DeSantis inked the bill, typified the doom and gloom forecasting of open-border advocates: “Florida’s new anti-immigrant law could be disastrous for the economy.”

Making wild predictions is nothing new, however. Mass-immigration zealots have simply joined a long pantheon of prognosticators proven wrong:

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/02/14/one-sure-prediction-mass-immigration-special-interests-will-be-dependably-wrong
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson