Author Topic: Frightened Oakland restaurant owner calls city's crime epidemic 'worst I've ever seen'  (Read 442 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Frightened Oakland restaurant owner calls city's crime epidemic 'worst I've ever seen'
Story by David Rutz  •
4h

Stories about high-profile companies in Oakland closing shop or hiring extra security have made grim headlines in recent months. But it's not just corporations that are feeling the crunch of increased crime in the Bay Area.

One local Oakland restaurant owner bluntly told Fox News Digital that the city where she's spent nearly all her 45 years is "the worst I've ever seen it."

Target closed its downtown Oakland location last year after police responded to more than 100 smash-and-grab thefts and similar incidents in 2023. In-N-Out recently announced its sole Oakland burger joint was closing, the first time in the company's history it had to make such a decision, due to rampant burglaries, property damage and armed robberies in the area. A Denny's also closed down last month because of the crime epidemic.

Then there's Blue Shield, Clorox, and Kaiser Permanente, the largest employer in Oakland, who have issued warnings to employees, hired security guards or taken other actions in response to a crime surge in the city.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/frightened-oakland-restaurant-owner-calls-city-s-crime-epidemic-worst-i-ve-ever-seen/ar-BB1in1pL?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ccbfcd8cbb114e34b88531fa4845d0ab&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson