Author Topic: Apple fans are starting to return their Vision Pros  (Read 382 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Apple fans are starting to return their Vision Pros
« on: February 16, 2024, 01:27:27 pm »
The Verge by Victoria Song 2/14/2024

/ Comfort, headache, and eye strain are among the top reasons people say they’re returning their Vision Pro headsets.

For some Apple Vision Pro buyers, the honeymoon is already over.

It’s no coincidence that there’s been an uptick on social media of Vision Pro owners saying they’re returning their $3,500 headsets in the past few days. Apple allows you to return any product within 14 days of purchase — and for the first wave of Vision Pro buyers, we’re right about at that point.

Comfort is among the most cited reasons for returns. People have said the headset gives them headaches and triggers motion sickness. The weight of the device, and the fact that most of it is front-loaded, has been another complaint. Parker Ortolani, The Verge’s product manager, told me that he thought using the device led to a burst blood vessel in his eye. At least one other person noted they had a similar experience with redness. (To be fair, VR headset users have anecdotally reported dry eyes and redness for years.)

“Despite being as magical to use as I’d hoped, it was simply way too uncomfortable to wear even for short periods of time both due to the weight and the strap designs. I wanted to use it, but dreaded putting it on,” says Ortolani, who also posted about returning the device.

More: https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/14/24072792/apple-vision-pro-early-adopters-returns

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Apple fans are starting to return their Vision Pros
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 11:06:36 pm »
I've been a Mac fan for 37 years, but I have absolutely no interest in the Vision Pro, or any other Apple devices (other than the Mac), for that matter.

I can't see why anyone would spend $3,500 for that thing...